21st February 2015, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Is there any necessity to have industrial experience for doing Ph.D course?

Hi,

I am pradeep kumar completed my M.pharm pharmacology and planing to do my phd. So for that iwant to know whether any industrial experience needed for doing phd? or we can simply apply for Ph.D and get it? How many years would it take to complete Ph.D? Is there anyway which we can follow to complete it soon?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I take industrial experience or can I enroll for PhD directly in Europe?
  2. Is it necessary to have 2-3 months industrial experience for doing PhD at Australia & Germany?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 7 years industrial experience?
  4. PET exam necessity after having experience in same field and CEO of the company to get admission in PhD course
  5. Universities for correspondence PhD in Chemistry?
  6. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  7. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  8. Joining as JRF to do PhD -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  10. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  11. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  12. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  13. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  14. Should I do masters in industrial pharmacy or Pharm D? Opportunities of masters and Ph.d in industrial pharmacy in USA?
  15. How to do Ph.D in good university after completing MSc in Industrial Biotechnology?
  16. How many years of industrial experience is required after Diploma for pursuing MS?
  17. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?
  18. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Is practical fundas required to do PhD in Finance?
14th February 2018, 12:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any necessity to have industrial experience for doing Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am pradeep kumar completed my M.pharm pharmacology and planing to do my phd. So for that iwant to know whether any industrial experience needed for doing phd? or we can simply apply for Ph.D and get it? How many years would it take to complete Ph.D? Is there anyway which we can follow to complete it soon?

It is better to have some industry experience in understanding what is happening in your field, but it is not mandatory to have industrial work experience to do PhD in India. It is also based on what the aspirant want to do after the PhD. If the aspirant wants to pursue his /her career in academics then he/she can pursue PhD after completion of a Master’s Degree in the relevant stream with a minimum of 55% marks. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the PhD program. Many universities in abroad insist on work experience to pursue PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?