14th January 2017, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation in to increase validity of JRF if not applied for Ph.D due to medical problem?

Hello sir, I have qualified JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) but JRF result will expired in June 2016 and I couldn't apply for Ph.D due to medical problem. Please tell me is there any relaxation for me?

15th January 2017, 09:48 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation in to increase validity of JRF if not applied for Ph.D due to medical problem?

Yes your fellowship should be extended if you will have valid reason. You will have to show all important medical papers then only they will tell you next step to proceed.
16th January 2017, 08:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation in to increase validity of JRF if not applied for Ph.D due to medical problem?

CSIR provides a period of two years from the date of joining their fellowship, failing in which the fellowship will be terminated.
However CSIR provides an additional extension period of one year in exceptional circumstances. So, if you want to apply for Ph.D, you must try for it with a valid reason.
16th January 2017, 10:25 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

CSIR provides two years of time period after fellowship to apply for Ph.D program, failing in which the fellowship will be terminated.
However CSIR gives an additional one year extension to apply for Ph.D course with a valid reason. So, you can apply for Ph.D at this instant with the above mentioned reason.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?