5th February 2018, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between SET and NET? Which one is more powerful entrance exam?

I am 36 years old. I have done my PG. I want to know about what is the difference between SET and NET exam. Which one is more powerful among the both of the entrance exams?

6th February 2018, 09:41 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between SET and NET? Which one is more powerful entrance exam?

SET stands for State Eligibility Test and NET stands for National Eligibility Test. Candidates who are interested teach within a specific state, can appear for State eligibility Test and the candidates who want to teach in other states throughout the country, can appear for NET examination. There is nothing as powerful examination, however through NET examination, you will be able to teach throughout the country.
6th February 2018, 02:24 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the difference between SET and NET? Which one is more powerful entrance exam?

The main different between NET and SET entrances is that NET is a national level exam whereas SET is state level exam for lecturer post. If a candidate qualify NET exam is applicable for all Indian universities/colleges for the lecturer post, whereas if a candidate qualify in SET exam of a particular state then he is only applicable for the lecturer post for the particular state universities/colleges only. Since NET is a national level exam so definitely it has to be more powerful exam between the two.
6th February 2018, 03:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

SET is a state level eligibility test for lecturer post in state government colleges. It is valid only in the state to which you belong.

NET is a national level eligibility test for lectureship and JRF. It helps you to get job as lecturer at central government colleges all over India. This score is definitely more powerful than SET, because there are many colleges all over India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?