20th July 2015, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the exams which I need to concentrate on to do Ph.D course?

Hi Expert,

I have done my MCA in 2007 right now I am working so how can choose my PhD subject? Can you please suggest me the course which I can opt for? also the entrance exams which I need to get prepared of? Please provide me the answer soon!

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  2. Can I bring my GATE question paper outside the examination hall?
  3. Which country is suitable to pursue PhD in Maths without entrance exams?
  4. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  5. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  6. Can anyone enter into PhD course immediately after UG?
  7. How to study for exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE, MHT CET and HSC together? How to manage time?
  8. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  9. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  10. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?
  12. Exams to get into PhD? All the information about marks to get admission?
  13. Can I do Ph.D in Tamil Nadu Universities? What is the procedure to get admission?
  14. How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips
  15. List of institutes with fee structure which offer Integrated PhD in Physics for B.Sc 1st year candidate? Course duration and entrance exams to get admission?
  16. Am I eligible for job after pursuing Bachelor in Arts?
  17. Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
20th July 2015, 11:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the exams which I need to concentrate on to do Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Expert,

I have done my MCA in 2007 right now I am working so how can choose my PhD subject? Can you please suggest me the course which I can opt for? also the entrance exams which I need to get prepared of? Please provide me the answer soon!

Thank you!
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET or GATE score card.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam. There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?