24th February 2015, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required in studies to pursue Ph.D in Literature?

What is the % required in studies to pursue Ph.D in Literature? Is it really a factor or it's not considered at all? I just want to ensure that I can do Ph.D without any constraints as I really need to complete it down the line. So, kindly provide me all information which would require for me to know about? Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  2. Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?
  3. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  4. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  5. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  6. What's the percentage requirement for B.Ed course? I've completed BA(English and literature) and secured 46.75% marks
  7. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  8. Which courses can I do abroad after passing CBSE 10th?
  9. Can I get admission for B.Ed after completing B.Com with 44% marks?
  10. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  11. Difference between studying in India and Abroad? What could be the correct career path for me being a candidate of BE in CS domain having 3 years experience in IT field and wanted to pursue higher studies?
  12. How may I join PhD program in English literature from JNU or other recognized university? I have done BA from Assam University and Masters from Nepal
  13. From where can I pursue Ph.D from distance education? I have done M.A in English Literature
  14. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
  15. Top universities in India to pursue Masters in English Literature?
  16. How should I apply for Ph.D after finishing M.E in computer science and tamilnadu?
  17. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
25th February 2015, 09:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required in studies to pursue Ph.D in Literature?

If you want to get admission in a Ph.D program you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the relevant discipline means if you want to do Ph.D in English Literature then you must have a Master's degree in English Literature. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

You can apply for various exams like NET/SLET/JRF and after qualifying any of these you will be eligible for Ph.D admission without appearing for any other exam. All you have to do is attend the interview with all the relevant documents when the admission notification is released.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?