24th June 2015, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

What is procedure to apply for UGC-NET? Can i study Ph.D. in Economics after passing this exam?

What is procedure to apply for UGC-NET? Can i study Ph.D. in Economics after passing this exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate?
  2. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UGC-NET to study PhD in Urdu course?
  4. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  5. How much amount I will get through UGC-NET Scholarship to study PhD in Commerce? Procedure to apply for Scholarship?
  6. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  7. Syllabus for Entrance Exam for Ph.D in Economics? Selection process in IIT being a candidate of awarded UGC-NET JRF? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Com, MBA and M.A.(Economics)?
  9. Should I have to appear in UGC NET to study PhD in Botany in CMS College, Kottayam? Procedure to get admission?
  10. List of good books and study materials for UGC NET Economics? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure to apply for PhD program in Ranchi University for UGC-NET-JRF qualified candidate?
  12. Detailed information and terms & conditions to apply for UGC-NET(Economics)?
  13. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Economics in Abroad for M.Sc candidate?
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Phil(Economics) final year candidate?
  15. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  16. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  17. For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Politics?
  18. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
24th June 2015, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is procedure to apply for UGC-NET? Can i study Ph.D. in Economics after passing this exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can apply online in UGC NET exam through below given website

www.ugcnetonline.in

Yes, if you have qualify in UGC NET exam then you are eligible for Ph.D admission in Economics.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
25th June 2015, 12:24 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is procedure to apply for UGC-NET? Can i study Ph.D. in Economics after passing this exam?

You have to apply for UGC NET online and send the application form to the given address according to the notification. You can also apply offline by getting the application form from various designated banks.

Most of the Universities prefer candidates with NET score for Ph.D admission and if you can qualify this exam then you have good chance of getting admission in a good University for your Ph.D program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?