27th August 2016, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA? Can you please give me the answer on the same? I need to understand what all steps we need to follow up as I am not sure about this. Please give me the complete information on this. Thanks!

30th August 2016, 02:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA? Can you please give me the answer on the same? I need to understand what all steps we need to follow up as I am not sure about this. Please give me the complete information on this. Thanks!
The candidates shall possess MCA Degree recognized by the university, with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree are eligible for the PhD in Computer Applications. The candidate has to apply to the University for the PhD program. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and interview. The PhD in Computer Applications is available in the following institutions;

- CMR Institute of Technology - Official Website
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - Official Website
- IGNOU - Official Website
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Official Website
30th August 2016, 07:49 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

After completion of MCA degree you are eligible for phd programme but, you have appear for certain entrance examinations known as GATE and NET exam
and score good marks.

With the help of valid score in your GATE examination, you can apply in different colleges. Some colleges conduct their own entrance examination.

Not all the universities offer phd after MCA, only few universities offer. But to get admission for phd, you have to be a 1st class in master's or post graduation i.e 60% in MCA.
30th August 2016, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all make sure that you have at least 55% marks in your MCA degree. This is the minimum criteria for Ph.D admission, if you belong to general category. There is relaxation of 5% marks, if you belong to a reserved category.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam and interview. For those who have got NET/SET/GATE score, are exempted from entrance exam. Just apply on a prescribed format when notification is out. You have to send the application with all the relevant documents, then only your application will be considered.
31st August 2016, 12:39 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To pursue the Ph.D course after the completion of MCA, candidates should first appear in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Once a candidate qualifies in the NET examination successfully, he/she is then eligible to take admission to study the Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?