10th May 2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy from IGNOU?

Sir/Mam,

I want to do integrated phd in astronomy.
Is there any criteria of doing same through Ignu
Is there any entrance test? Can you please give me the details on the same? Awaiting for the response.

13th May 2016, 12:54 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I want to do integrated phd in astronomy.
Is there any criteria of doing same through Ignu
Is there any entrance test? Can you please give me the details on the same? Awaiting for the response.
Sorry, the PhD in Astronomy programme is not available in IGNOU. They have only Integrated M. Sc-PhD in Physics and Astrophysics programme. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in B.Sc Mathematics/Physics or BE/BTech in Applied Physics/Computer Science/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering/Photonics/Applied Opto-electronics. It is launched in collaboration with Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore. The aspirant can check the details in the website link given Official website.
13th May 2016, 04:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy from IGNOU?

Ph.D in Astronomy course is not offered by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University). However, I am going to give you the instructions of doing Ph.D from IGNOU. Astronomy basically come under Physics department. The area of specialization or Interest in Physics Department to do Doctoral Program is given below.
* High Temperature Superconductors
* Neutron Transport, Physics Education, Energy Studies
* Theoretical Reactor Physics
* Nano Science, Material Science
* Theoretical Considered Matter Physics, Nano materials

The basic educational qualification required for doing Ph.D in IGNOU is as follows.
)) Candidates must have completed Master's Degree with minimum 55% marks in the concerned discipline
)) Candidates must have qualified a National Level Test namely,
National Eligibility Test (NET)
CSIR
SLET
GATE Entrance Exam
JEST
University Grant's Commission JRF
13th May 2016, 07:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have post graduate degree in the same field with 55% marks. IGNOU releases admission notification for Ph.D programme in various fields. You have to apply according to your choice.

Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and interview conducted by IGNOU. Hence, if you don't have NET/SET score then there will be entrance exam.
13th May 2016, 11:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

For doing Ph.D in Anatomy from IGNOU, you should first need to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which you can take admission under Ph.D degree in IGNOU.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognized University with 55% of marks. So, you must have to satisfy the above mentioned criteria to be eligible for doing Ph.D
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?