19th November 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Can a Accounts Honours student apply for IAS?

I am a accounts honors student, I want to apply for the most glorious IAS post. I want to know if i can apply for it or not?

19th November 2015, 06:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Accounts Honours student apply for IAS?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer which is the highest civilian post in administrative field one needs to clear Civil Services examination held by ( UPSC ) Union Public Service Commission once every year in three stages ( Preliminary test followed by Mains and Personal interview ).

For appearing in the same examination one needs to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years if you are a general candidate otherwise age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your bachelor degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Now as you are an account Honours which means you have completed your graduation ( bachelor ) degree course and hence you are eligible for appearing in the same examination on the basis of your educational qualification as the subject of degree does not matters for one's eligibility but you must fulfill the other criteria for your eligibility.

For further queries and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th November 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

I m accounts honours student last year.I want to apply for the most glorious post IAS.i want to know if I can apply for it or not
20th November 2015, 01:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a accounts honors student, I want to apply for the most glorious IAS post. I want to know if i can apply for it or not?
Any specialization students are eligible to apply for IAS. Students should have a Bachelor Degree in any discipline to be eligible for IAS and final year students are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. You need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Required Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant must have completed their Graduation in any Discipline from recognized Universities and final years students are also eligible to apply.

- The applicant age limit should be in between 21-30 years and upper age relaxation is available for reserved category.

- For OBC category - Three years years
- For SC/ST category - Five year.

For reference - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th November 2015, 03:42 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS.
Actually IAS is the service which is allotted after you clear Civil service exam.
IAS is one the service, other services are IPS, IRS, IDES, IRTS.

Since this exam is highly competitive, only 1000 students are selected among 4-5 Lakh candidates. This exam is conducted every year. Notification for exam comes in February. The exam has three stages, prelims, mains & interview.

For more information on civil service exam, use this website : upscportal.com
29th January 2021, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Can B.COM general student can apply for UPSC CSE
23rd September 2021, 10:04 PM
Alvia Khan

For IAS Candidates must have a graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?