10th August 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for income tax department exam on the basis of M.Sc computer science?

I have studied at M.Sc computer science. Can you please tell me about that income tax department exam? Can I appear in income tax department exam? Am I eligible for income tax department exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I apply for income tax department jobs? Types of questions being asked?
  2. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  3. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?
  4. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which Books should I prepare for the Entrance Exam to join Income Tax Department? When can I apply for the Entrance Exam being a B.Tech Graduate in Computer Science stream?
  6. How to study for income tax department officer after bcom?
  7. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  8. Is there direct recruitment in income tax and other tax department to apply after CA course completion?
  9. How to become an income tax inspector? Books to be referred to become one?
  10. Is there any Accounts related job available in Income Tax Department?
  11. Detailed information regarding Central sales tax, wealth tax and income tax?
  12. Jobs in Income tax department after B.Sc IT?
  13. What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?
  14. Can I get job in Income tax department if my subjects are PCM in 11th?
  15. What is the procedure to become a Commissioner in Income Tax Department?
  16. How can I become an Income Tax Officer being a 11th Commerce student? Detailed information about recruitment in Income Tax Department? -- [New]
  17. What is the procedure for getting job in Income Tax department of India? Which exam should I give to get job in Income Tax?
  18. Available Income tax department jobs and form issue dates for the same?
11th August 2017, 11:37 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for income tax department exam on the basis of M.Sc computer science?

In order to appear for income tax department examination, you should have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years and age relaxation will be provided as per government norms. As you have completed M.Sc computer science, so you are definitely eligible to appear for the examination.
11th August 2017, 05:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for income tax department exam on the basis of M.Sc computer science?

Yes, you can certainly appear in Income Tax Department Examination on the basis of M.Sc in Computer Science course. There is a certain eligibility criteria required in order to be eligible for this recruitment.

In order to join, Income Tax Department you are required to appear in Combined Graduate Level Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). So, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

As you are done with M.Sc in Computer Science, I am very sure to say that you are certainly eligible to appear in Income Tax Department Examination. As CGL 2017 dates were over, I suggest you to apply for CGL 2018 Examination next year and meanwhile I suggest you to start preparing for examination without wasting time.
11th August 2017, 11:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Only a degree in any discipline is required for government job in income tax department. You can surely apply for government exams like SSC CGL and UPSC civil services for getting job in income tax department.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned organization. Just make sure that age is not above 30 years.
14th August 2017, 12:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have studied at M.Sc computer science. Can you please tell me about that income tax department exam? Can I appear in income tax department exam? Am I eligible for income tax department exam?
Yes, you can appear for income tax department.

To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?