18th November 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PO post after 70% in graduation but without computer and accounts knowledge?

Can I apply for the post of PO after scoring 96% in 10 th, 76% in 12th and 70 % in graduation? Still I don't have any knowledge of computer, accounts, etc.

19th November 2015, 10:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO post after 70% in graduation but without computer and accounts knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I apply for the post of PO after scoring 96% in 10 th, 76% in 12th and 70 % in graduation? Still I don't have any knowledge of computer, accounts, etc.
Yeah you can apply for the PO post after having completed graduation with 70% aggregate. To join in the PO post you need to apply for the IBPS PO exam which is conducted for the post of probationary officer.

The eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

# The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India.

# For general category candidate it is 20-30 years and for SC/ST category candidate there is relaxation which is 5 years extra, and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

If you satisfy these criteria then you can apply for the IBPS PO exam. Candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Common Written Exam
  3. Interview

For more info check at http://www.ibps.in
19th November 2015, 10:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO post after 70% in graduation but without computer and accounts knowledge?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for PO (Probationary Officer) post with the above mentioned percentages. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in PO Recruitment is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since there is no certain minimum percentage is required, you do not need to worry about the eligibility criteria. Graduation or Bachelor Degree pass alone is sufficient in order to apply for PO Post.

Minimum Eligibility Criteria: Graduation Pass

Percentage Criteria Required: There is no Certain pass percentage required.

I suggest you to join any best coaching institute for gaining Knowledge of computer. Because Computer Awareness is the one of the available sections in the PO Examination and remember there is a sectional cutoff along with the overall cutoff.
19th November 2015, 10:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years.
25th November 2015, 01:12 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You are eligible for Bank PO. To join as Bank PO, you have to appear for IBPS PO exam.
After that banks will call you for interview.

You dont need any specific computer and accounts knowledge for this exam.
Questions will be asked on general ability, English comprehension and general knowledge.

I general knowledge, there will be some questions related to banking but they are general in nature. So, you should read business and economy section of newspaper carefully.

You can also join coaching for Bank PO or can get study material for preparation.
There are many good websites also for this like Jagranjosh.com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?