14th December 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required to become a lawyer after B.Com with less than 50%?

I completed B.Com in 2003 then started teaching. Then I opted for post graduation after some years. Now I want to be a lawyer but my graduation score is less than 50%. Can I become a lawyer?

15th December 2015, 11:04 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to become a lawyer after B.Com with less than 50%?

AS you are interested to became a lawyer then you have to pursue LLB course which is a graduation course can be done after graduation.

The eligibility criteria:

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university with 45% in aggregate .
There is no age limit for doing such course.
The course duration is 3 years & having 6 semesters in this course.
There are some institution those who are used to conduct entrance exam for admission , & others used to take admission through merit list.
15th December 2015, 06:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to become a lawyer after B.Com with less than 50%?

You have got 50% marks in graduation which makes you eligible for exams like CLAT which is the most popular option among law aspirants.

You just need 45% marks in graduation to become eligible for CLAT. Hence, don't worry and be prepared for it. 14 National Law Universities take part in this exam and if you get top marks then surely you will get admission.
15th December 2015, 10:16 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your graduation, you can pursue LLB course.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue lawyer course is that the candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university with atleast 45% marks.

5% relaxation is there for SC/ ST candidates.

The maximum age limit to pursue LLB course is 30 years.

There are some law entrance examinations like Common law admission test (CLAT) and Law common entrance test (LAWCET).
15th December 2015, 10:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One who wishes to become a lawyer has to opt for LLB degree.

LLB stands for Bachelor of law.

Admission for LLB degree in nationalized law colleges is carried out on the basis of one's performance in CLAT exam. The candidate has to clear CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.It is a common entrance exam for the national law universities of India.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream for LLB course from a recognized board and LLB/B.L.or equivalent for LLM with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age for LLB course.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes;

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.
15th December 2015, 10:47 PM
rituja mukherjee

The required percentage of marks for studying law through CLAT is minimum 50% and the age limit is also restricted to 20 yrs for appearing in the entrance exam. Other private colleges/ deemed universities also have similar criteria. So the option left to you is to study law from any law dept of any Govt college or through colleges/ universities offering 3years LLB degree in distance mode. Once you complete the degree course you would have to appear for All India BAr Exam to get registered as an advocate.
15th December 2015, 11:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed B.Com in 2003 then started teaching. Then I opted for post graduation after some years. Now I want to be a lawyer but my graduation score is less than 50%. Can I become a lawyer?
To become a lawyer after having completed post graduation, is possible but you need to apply for the CLAT Exam (Common Law Admission Test). You need to apply for this exam inorder to attempt to join in a law university. You cannot join in as a lawyer without being graduating a law course.

The procedure to apply for the CLAT exam is that you should satisfy the eligibility criteria framed and it is as follows:

# Candidate need to have completed a degree in either LLB or BL degree or any other degree in any stream from a recognized university but not less than 50% aggregate.

In the case of yours, having completed graduation with less than 50%, you are ineligible for joining in as a lawyer.
15th December 2015, 11:32 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility for the LLB course is a graduation (like BA or BCom or BSc) with 45% marks (the percentage will differ from one college to other).
There are also entrance examinations for the admission in some colleges.
There is no age limit for the course.
The Bar Council of India has withdrawn the age limit restrictions for the admission.
So you are eligible to study the LLB course.
18th December 2015, 09:40 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for doing LLB, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do LLB:-

Candidates must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
There is 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates.
Admission is based on the merit list of CLAT examination conducted.
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.
2nd November 2020, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I want become lwayer bt my age is 27 I have 50 percentage in b.com so can I apply for CLAT
exam
26th June 2021, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I'm under graduation student , I'm in second year and doing b.com(p) . I wanted to become advocate. Can I eligible for that? If yes then please tell how should I prepare for the entrance exam
28th June 2021, 09:48 AM
Singhskomal

You can apply for LLB (bachelor's in law) with b.com (bachelor's in commerce) with minimum 45% with recognized University can apply for it...
You need to clear CLAT common entrance exam for law.
Some colleges give direct admission...
2nd July 2021, 12:52 AM
Afreen0786

It is a carrier stream that candidates pursue at undergraduate or post graduate or PHD level to practice the legal profession in India.

With Minimum 45%marks and in other colleges may be upper percentage.

LLB is the course of 3years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?