12th April 2016, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a Lawyer being an 11th ISC Commerce student?

Respected Sir,
I have got admission in 11th of ISC Board and I have taken Commerce. I want to become a Lawyer. So, from now what should I do to become a Lawyer? Please help me to know about this.

14th April 2016, 04:54 AM
A033bhishek

Default Re: What should I do to become a Lawyer being an 11th ISC Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have got admission in 11th of ISC Board and I have taken Commerce. I want to become a Lawyer. So, from now what should I do to become a Lawyer? Please help me to know about this.
To become a lawyer or to do LLB one can compete for an entrance test which is CLAT.
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This is a national level entrance test.
Eligibility for CLAT>>>
1). Student must have passed 12th with at least 50% in aggregate from any stream.
2). There is no upper age limit.
After successful completion in test admission happens in National Law Universities(NLUs) all across the country based on the students AIR(All India Rank).

14th April 2016, 07:43 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a Lawyer being an 11th ISC Commerce student?

At present, you are not eligible for applying for entrance examination for Bachelor of Law. You can apply for entrance examination after passing 10+2. The best gateway to enter into top LLB colleges in India is through Common Law Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

>>The academic eligibility criteria for exam is that candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

>>The percentage of marks required for this exam in 10+2 is 50% for general category candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates.

>>No upper age limit is prescribed for CLAT.

You can apply for this exam next year.

14th April 2016, 11:40 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

First of all just focus on your school or board exams. You need to take admission in any good or well known law college and then just complete your graduation for better scope in future.
Now Score good marks in 12th board exams because some of law colleges provide admission on the basis of 12th class marks. Few of them conduct their own entrance exam so in that case you should visit the desired LAW College, know their admission procedure and prepare accordingly.

14th April 2016, 12:12 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, after 10+2 you are eligible to become lawyer after pursuing LLB course.

The course duration for LLB course after 10+2 will be of five years. Candidates can appear and qualify in CLAT , BHU LAT etc..to get admission in the LLB course.

The educational qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. So, you can appear for examination and after pursuing eligible to become lawyer.

14th April 2016, 07:32 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a lawyer, you will have to pursue LLB course for which you will have to first of all complete your graduation from any stream with a minimum of 55% in aggregate from a recognized University.

After that you can appear for CLAT examination, which is the gateway for LLB course. You will probably get admission in good college depending upon the marks you have scored in your entrance examination and thus can very much pursue your LLB course ahead.

14th April 2016, 10:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a lawyer you need to complete a law degree from a BCI approved college or university. Admission is available to any stream candidates through entrance exam.

The most common exam for admission in CLAT which is conduced every year for undergraduate as well as post graduation law courses. Just perform well in the exam and you will be eligible for admission in a top university.

15th April 2016, 12:38 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
You have to complete your 12th standard and then you can join and study B.Com, LL.B course. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 in commerce stream with 60% marks. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the law college or the common entrance like CLAT. You have to clear the entrance and join the course. The duration of the course is 5 years. The admission will be based on the marks scored in the entrance and +2. The course is available in various law colleges like
Amity Law College - http://www.amity.edu/alsn/A32216.asp
Nirma University - http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/ILNU/45/Subjects
Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Law and Legal Studies - http://www.tmu.ac.in/law/bcomllb.htm

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?