13th December 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc in chemistry and UGC NET after B.Tech in civil?

Can I do M.Sc in chemistry as I have a lot of interest in chemistry. I did B.Tech in civil from PEC, Chandigarh. For last 12 years teaching chemistry, want to do master and UGC NET.

14th December 2017, 11:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc in chemistry and UGC NET after B.Tech in civil?

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for M.Sc in Chemistry after the completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
After the completion of B.Tech course, you can opt for the M.Tech course in the relevant field from a recognized University.
Once after the completion of M.Tech course, you can apply for UGC NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
15th December 2017, 08:52 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Qualification required for Master of Science in Chemistry:

Bachelor's degree in Science in Chemistry Honors or Chemistry as one of the major subjects in bachelor's degree.

If you have studied Chemistry as one of subjects in Civil Engineering then you can pursue M.Sc in Chemistry.

To apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility test, at least 55% marks in post graduation is required.
15th December 2017, 03:04 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue Master’s degree in Chemistry even after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
As you have mentioned that you are interested in UGC NET also. Then, let me tell you that you are eligible to apply for UGC NET after completing Master’s degree.
15th December 2017, 04:13 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue M.Sc in chemistry. After completing M.Sc in chemistry you can apply for UGC NET. Through UGC NET, you will get the job of Professor in any Government University.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET:-

For General Category Candidates, 55% aggregate in Master's Degree or Equivalent Degree.

A final year student of Master's Degree or passed out student whose result is still awaited is also eligible for UGC NET examination.
15th December 2017, 05:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required for Master's degree in Chemistry is that you must have studied Chemistry in bachelor's degree in any semester. In Civil Engineering, candidates study chemistry in first year of bachelor's degree.

You can pursue Master's degree in Science in Chemistry and apply for Central Board of Secondary Education National Eligibility for Lectureship. In master's degree, you need to score at least 55% marks.
15th December 2017, 06:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master's degree in Chemistry is:

Student must have studied Chemistry in his/her bachelor's degree. If you have not studied Chemistry in bachelor's degree then you can not apply for M.Sc in Chemistry course.

In first year of engineering, candidates usually study chemistry, so you are eligible for both M.Sc and NET exam when you secure 55% marks in M.Sc.
15th December 2017, 07:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Engineering stream candidates are eligible for Master's degree in various discipline. You can apply for Master of Science in Chemistry after pursuing Civil engineering.

*You will become eligible for University Grants Commission National Eligibility test after pursuing PG in Chemistry.

*NET requires that candidate should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.
15th December 2017, 11:52 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for M.Sc in Chemistry course after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering course. In order to be eligible for M.Sc in Chemistry course, you must have completed B.Sc in Chemistry from a recognized university.
Candidates must have to score a minimum of 55% marks in their master's degree so as to become eligible for UGC NET entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?