10th May 2015, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in CSE & IT being Bachelor in ECE?

I have completed my B.E(E.C.E) successfully with distinction and since i got selected in infosys and working here since 1.5 yrs and im intended to do m.tech now but confusion prevails with in me to take M.TECH in ECE since my bachelors degree is from ECE or can i take M.TECH in CSE&IT since i work in software company and willing to continue with job for till 8 yrs... which one would be the best for me??? kindly clarify anybody in detail pls...

11th May 2015, 06:56 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in CSE & IT being Bachelor in ECE?

Yes, you can do M.Tech in CSE and IT, even after doing B.Tech in ECE or some other branch. But you have to write GATE Exam in CS and IT and you need to score good marks in GATE. To get admission in the CSE branch need to get valid score in same department.
11th May 2015, 09:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Master's degree course in any stream whether it is CSE or ECE. You can do M.Tech course in CSE even if you have completed B.Tech (ECE) course. To get admission in M.Tech course, you must have to appear in GATE examination. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be called for counselling and you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in M.Tech course.
12th May 2015, 07:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.E(E.C.E) successfully with distinction and since i got selected in infosys and working here since 1.5 yrs and im intended to do m.tech now but confusion prevails with in me to take M.TECH in ECE since my bachelors degree is from ECE or can i take M.TECH in CSE&IT since i work in software company and willing to continue with job for till 8 yrs... which one would be the best for me??? kindly clarify anybody in detail pls...
Yes, you can do M.Tech in CSE or IT being a B.E in ECE candidate but you should qualify in GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE exam doesn't require any kind of percentage marks in 12th or bachelor or masters progrmme.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?