11th November 2016, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.Ed in West Bengal, if passed degree (honours) with 47%?

I have got 47% marks and passed the course with honours. Am I eligible to join B.Ed in W.B (West Bengal)? If yes, then how to get admission and when the notification is out?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission for physics honours in west bengal colleges?
  2. Is B.Ed degree valid in West Bengal SSC?
  3. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of AICTE approved colleges in West Bengal for Masters(Honours) in Humanities?
  5. Does a candidate of other state eligible to do Graduation in West Bengal?
  6. How to do NCTE approved B.Ed under distance education from SMU?
  7. Any college offering accounts Honors?
  8. Eligibility to take admission in distance graduation program in Accountancy Honors from IGNOU West Bengal after Higher Secondary with Arts stream?
  9. Scholarship after 12th examination with 81% from West Bengal board?
  10. In which college of Bengal I can get honours in Biochemistry/Microbiology?
  11. Top 10 UGC recognized universities in West Bengal for BA(Honours) Geography
  12. Can I get any reputed college for CSE after scoring 50400 in WBJEE?
  13. Permanent address holder of West Bengal who is living outside West Bengal can get admission in Jadavpur University through WBJEE 2016?
  14. Can I get admission in West Bengal after scoring 417 in SC in West Bengal?
  15. Can I get admission in any government college of West Bengal if secured 60,000 rank in JEXPO and 4.6 CGPA in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  16. If I complete my Graduation from Global University, can I sit in SSC exam of west bengal?
  17. Is there any Survey Degree College in West Bengal? How can I get admission in that college? -- [New]
  18. Can I get any degree course after passing 10th from West Bengal Board
11th November 2016, 07:57 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Ed in West Bengal, if passed degree (honours) with 47%?

Minimum percentage required for B.ED is 50% or above in graduation. So you are not eligible for B.ED after completing graduation with 47% marks. But you can get the admission in case you are a reserved candidate as candidates from reserved category gets 5% relaxation in marks. For admission in this course you have to give entrance exam conducted by your university. You can get the information about it on the official website of your university. Thanks
11th November 2016, 08:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Ed in West Bengal, if passed degree (honours) with 47%?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this course.

2. Minimum percentage of marks required is 50% in bachelor's degree.

You have got 47% marks and so, you can not apply for Bachelor of Education course.
11th November 2016, 11:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 47% marks and passed the course with honours. Am I eligible to join B.Ed in W.B (West Bengal)? If yes, then how to get admission and when the notification is out?
Sorry that you are not eligible for B.Ed with 47% of marks. Those who are interested to pursue B.Ed must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification with not less than 50%of marks from a recognized university.
12th November 2016, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
12th November 2016, 12:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is two year duration course. The course is essential for candidates interested in getting teaching jobs.

The minimum requirement to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50%.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course. The notification for examination will be available in month of May or June every year.
12th November 2016, 07:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for B.Ed course with the qualification mentioned above as the minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate should have completed minimum graduation degree from a recognized university having scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate, therefore, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?