15th August 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IISC if secured less than 50% in B.E. and ranked under top 10 in GATE? How the percentage will be calculated for backlog candidate?

Respected Sir,
What is the cutoff percentage in B.E. for doing M.Tech in IISC? How this cutoff percentage is calculated if I had any backlogs the new marks or old marks? If my AIR is within top ten in GATE and below 50% marks in B.E. Can I get in IISC?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any separate entrance test for admission in M.E. in IISc? Can I get admission in IISc on the basis of GATE score?
  2. How to get admission in IISC or IIT? I am preparing for GATE exam
  3. GATE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?
  5. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE?
  6. Can we apply for M.Tech Biotech with UG as B.Sc Biotech
  7. Admission procedure for ME/M.Tech. in CS in IISc?
  8. Possibility to get admission in PSG College of Technology for a BC candidate who has secured 8076 AIR in GATE?
  9. Possibility to study MS in USA for a candidate who has secured 58% in M.Pharmacy?
  10. Admission procedure of top 10 colleges in India and in USA or top ranked colleges worldwide? What to do to get admission in top ranked colleges in India and Abroad?
  11. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  12. How can get admission in top universities for M.Tech Automotive Engineering? GATE coaching in Hyderabad? Percentage needed to get admission in top universities?
  13. In which college I will get admission if secured 139 AIR in GATE for M.Tech(Textile Engineering) being a general candidate?
  14. How would you rate an M.Tech from IITB,IITM or IISc(M.E in case of IISc)? Is it an enviable Post Grad degree?
  15. What will be the minimum score in GATE Exam for getting admission in IISC being a candidate of General category?
  16. What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria for pursuing MBA form Top College in India or Abroad?
  17. Can I get admission to study PhD in IISC, NIT or IIT if scored 22 marks in GATE?
  18. Is there any chance of seeking admission in CS at top ranked colleges under IP university with 99 marks in JEE Main?
23rd August 2015, 08:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IISC if secured less than 50% in B.E. and ranked under top 10 in GATE? How the percentage will be calculated for backlog candidate?

First of all you need 60% marks in B.E for becoming eligible for GATE. With 50% marks you can't apply for it and if you have backlog then you have to get a letter from college to confirm that you will pass and score 60% marks.

If you fail to clear backlogs then you won't get admission in M.Tech even if you qualify GATE. Also, your GATE score will be void if you don't have 60% marks in B.E degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?