28th October 2016, 10:02 PM
Prathyushapatel

Can I pursue MA (English) after completing B.Com?

Respected Sir, I have completed B.Com and I want to pursue MA (English) now. I know to know am I eligible to pursue MA (English) after completing B.Com? Please share you view.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue B.Ed in English after completing BA (Sociology honors) without English?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue a Career in English Language after completing class 10th? Which course should I pursue in English stream?
  3. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English after completing BA in English with 3rd division?
  4. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English Language after completing B.Com in Computer Applications?
  5. Direct T.Y.Bcom after completing my H.S.C. 2 years before
  6. Can I pursue any Car Designing course after completing BA (English, Hindi and Education)? -- [New]
  7. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  8. Career opportunities after completing BA in English Literature
  9. What should I pursue among B.Ed or M.Phil after completing MA in English Literature?
  10. Am I eligible to pursue M.Com after completing BA course? How can I apply for admission?
  11. Which course should I pursue after completing BA (English, Sociology and Economics) with 50% marks?
  12. Is it possible to pursue B.Ed along with MA English within 1 year after completing BCA course scoring 67% marks?
  13. Is it possible to pursue MA in English Literature after completing graduation with B.Sc Nursing?
  14. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English Literature after completing B.E? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  15. How to pursue Ph.d in English after completing M.Phil in English?
  16. B.Com or BBA? Difference between BBA and BMS?
  17. What to do after 12th : BMS, BBA or B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to apply for T.Y.Bcom after completion of 12th standard?
30th October 2016, 06:05 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MA (English) after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathyushapatel View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed B.Com and I want to pursue MA (English) now. I know to know am I eligible to pursue MA (English) after completing B.Com? Please share you view.

Yes, you can study M.A English after completing B.Com. Candidates should have passed 3 years Bachelor Degree Examination under any recognized university in any discipline to be eligible for M.A English course. The course duration will be two years. The M.A English course is available in the following colleges for those who have completed B.Com;

VELS University - Website Link

AIMS Institutes - Website Link

IGNOU - Website Link

Hindustan University - Website Link
30th October 2016, 11:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, 100% you can definitely pursue MA in English after completing B.Com. As you have completed your bachelor's degree in commerce stream , so you are eligible to pursue master's degree in English. In order to pursue master's degree you have to secure minimum 50% marks in your bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university.

The admission criteria varies from one college/university to another. Some college/university conducts an entrance examination to select the eligible candidates and some selects on the basis of the merit of the candidate.
31st October 2016, 10:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathyushapatel View Post
You have completed B.Com degree so you are not eligible for M.A in English.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized University are eligible for M.A in English course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?