27th August 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Can i serve as part time Lecturer in Semi Government college at 49 years age?

Related Questions:
  1. Information about part time PhD in Mathematics for person working as Guest Lecturer for Maths?
  2. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  3. How to do M.Tech in computer science in correspondence? I am working as a part time lecturer in Polytechnic College
  4. Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University
  5. Possibility to study PhD in Chemistry for a Lecturer who has 12 years of experience?
  6. What to do to become a lecturer or professor in any government colleges after completing B.Tech in ECE?
  7. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Electronics to a Lecturer?
  8. How to do Ph.D part time in government organizations? Which entrance exams do I need to appear?
  9. What should I do to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is P.E.S college of engineer, an autonomous or semi-government firm?
  11. How to pursue MS in USA after doing MSc in electronics?
  12. Which exam do I need to answer to become a lecturer in college? Max age criteria for becoming a lecturer?
  13. Can M.Tech correspondence or part time job fetch you a lecturer job in any private engineering college?
  14. Can I do part time PhD in Anna University being a Lecturer?
  15. What is value of SET score in becoming a School Teacher?
  16. Can I apply for lecturer post in any government recognized college after scoring 45.5% in B.A and 61% in M.A?
  17. Part time M.Phil holder is eligible for Lecturer job?
  18. What is the procedure followed to get a government lecturer job?
27th August 2015, 09:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i serve as part time Lecturer in Semi Government college at 49 years age?

If you have the qualification then you can apply for lecturer job but selection will be based on interview and availability. Normally, for getting lecturer job in semi government colleges you need UGC NET score in lectureship.

Hence, it will be up to the college to make decision regarding your selection according to vacancy and your academic credentials.
27th August 2015, 11:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i serve as part time Lecturer in Semi Government college at 49 years age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whether, it is part time or regular lecturer job, the candidate must complete a Master Degree along with UGC NET entrance exam with good marks. One those who have appear and qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam can get lecturer job.

- The applicant should be Indian citizens.

- The applicants must have a Master degree in any stream with minimum of 55% of marks from a recognized university and there is 5 percent relaxation for SC/ST.

- The applicant age limit for JRF is 28 years.

- Upper age limit Relaxation applicable for OBC and SC/ST candidates. There is no age limit for Lectureship.

Official website - www.ugc.ac.in/
28th August 2015, 12:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

See one thing I would like to tell you that for becoming lecturer in government or semi government college, a candidate must clear the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission every year.

There is no age barrier for the post of Lectureship in government college, for the post of lectureship a candidate can appear for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

You must be a master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks in it to be eligible for the NET exam. Appear for the December 2015 NET exam and clear all the papers and once vacancies are out, you can apply for the recruitment in government college as a lecturer.
28th August 2015, 01:39 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no age limit for the post of lecturer. The aspirant has to cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. The eligibility to write this test is post graduation with 55% marks. So the aspirant has to clear the NET examination for the post Lecturer in Government or Semi Government colleges.
31st August 2015, 11:15 PM
namani suresh

hi frnd..
Whether, it is part time or regular lecturer job, the candidate must complete a Master Degree along with UGC NET entrance exam with good marks. One those who have appear and qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam can get lecturer job.

- The applicant should be Indian citizens.

- The applicants must have a Master degree in any stream with minimum of 55% of marks from a recognized university and there is 5 percent relaxation for SC/ST.

- The applicant age limit for JRF is 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?