25th December 2017, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Ed anywhere, if got less than 50% marks in graduation?

I am a high school Assistant Teacher of West Bengal, appointed in 2014, without B.Ed & scoring less than 50% in graduation. Could l get any opportunity to appear in B.Ed in my state? I am a special educator also from niaid & having a diploma in DSE (MR) registered from RCI India.

25th December 2017, 10:31 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Ed anywhere, if got less than 50% marks in graduation?

Yes, you are eligible for B.Ed exam after passing graduation with less than 50% marks, if you are under SC / ST category.

For general category minimum 50% marks is require.

If you want you can do B.Ed through distance education. There are many Universities offering B.Ed through distance education.

Indira Gandhi National Open University

Karnataka State Open University

Kota Open University

Nalanda Open University

Tamil Nadu Open University

Uttarakhand Open University

Mahaveer Open University

Yashwanto Rao Chavan Open University

Dr. B.R . Ambedkar Open University.
25th December 2017, 10:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Ed anywhere, if got less than 50% marks in graduation?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course with less than 50% marks in Graduation. Basically, there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university.

>> I request you to notice that, the minimum percentage in Graduation/ Post Graduation is minimum 50% marks in any college. On the other side, if one is willing to B.Ed from IGNOU then the minimum percentage required is 55% marks.

>> On the other side, there are several colleges that conduct their own entrance examination. In such case, the minimum percentage required in Graduation is 45% marks in order to be eligible.
25th December 2017, 10:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to study B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Science/ Arts/ Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) from a recognised university. Since, you have less than 50% aggregate marks in your graduation, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Ed course only if you belong to SC/ ST category else, you are not eligible to get admission to study B.Ed course.
26th December 2017, 03:31 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for B.Ed course until you secure 50% marks in your bachelor's degree. Candidates, those who are willing to do B.Ed course, must have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the relevant discipline form a recognized university.
There are 5% marks relaxation is applicable for the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
26th December 2017, 05:45 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The required minimum aggregate to get admission in B.Ed course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate to get admission in course is 50%. So, you are not eligible to get admission in course.

There is relaxation in aggregate for reserved category. For more information about admission visit at official website of university in which you want to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?