14th May 2016, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Master of Journalism & Mass Communication after completion of B.Com?

Hi Friends,
I am a Commerce student and as like all Commerce students I too had chosen B.Com first. But now I want to do Master of Journalism & Mass Communication. So will you please tell me either I can or I can't after my B.Com?

Related Questions:
  1. Courses available to study in Master's Degree for Mass Communication & Journalism candidate in Abroad?
  2. Courses available after completing B.A course?
  3. Can I appear in NET exam after doing Master degree in MAss Communication & Journalism through distance education from Guwahati University?
  4. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  5. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  6. Qualification required to be a Journalist?
  7. Which Media and Journalism school offers Master in Journalism and Mass Communication?
  8. How much salary could I earn after doing Bachelor's and Master's in Mass Communication and Journalism? -- [New]
  9. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  11. Possibility to study M.A.(Mass Communication) fr B.A.(English Literature) candidate?
  12. How can I study PhD in Journalism if completed Master's in Mass Communication?
  13. What courses can be done after passing compartment?
  14. Can i do MCS after B.A?
  15. What should I do to study Mass Communication and Journalism in Abroad after completion of 12th?
  16. Universities offering PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication to postgraduate in Pune?
  17. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD if secured 60.68% in M.A.(Mass Communication & Journalism) and 65.65% in MBA/PGDM(Marketing)? For which subject I should study PhD?
17th May 2016, 11:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Master of Journalism & Mass Communication after completion of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friends,
I am a Commerce student and as like all Commerce students I too had chosen B.Com first. But now I want to do Master of Journalism & Mass Communication. So will you please tell me either I can or I can't after my B.Com?
You have completed graduation degree in commerce so, you are eligible to get admission graduation in journalism.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree in journalism.

You age should be above 17 years.
17th May 2016, 11:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Master of Journalism & Mass Communication after completion of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friends,
You have completed graduation degree in commerce so, you are eligible to get admission graduation in journalism.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to get admission in Masters degree in journalism.

You age should be above 17 years.
17th May 2016, 09:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can pursue any course related to journalism even if you are a B.Com graduate. Any stream graduates are eligible for admission in this field.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university or institute.
18th May 2016, 10:57 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to study Master of Journalism and Mass Communication Course:

The basic educational qualification requires basically varies from college to college. In general, the minimum educational qualification required to pursue this Master of Journalism and Mass Communication course is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline. As any discipline in Graduation is allowed, I am very sure that you are eligible to pursue this course. But candidates from Journalism or Media studies background are more preferable.

Some of the top colleges offer this Mass Communication course in India:

>> Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
http://www.asianmedia.org/

>> Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
http://simc.edu/

>> Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
http://www.iimc.nic.in/

>> Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
http://www.xaviercomm.org/
19th May 2016, 12:37 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that definitely you can study Masters of Journalism and Mass Communication after the completion of B.Com as the candidates those who have completed their Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks are eligible to do Masters degree in Journalism.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?