11th September 2017, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBA after M.Sc degree?

I completed my biotechnology (B.Sc). If I study MSc, can I apply & study MBA in distance education in another college.
I qualified in both ICET & PGCET. I mean can we study both the courses at a time? Is it possible?

11th September 2017, 04:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBA after M.Sc degree?

Yes, you can pursue both degree courses at a time. But you are not allowed to show it at a time means you have to display only one degree either M.Sc or MBA. Both degrees of same time but of different mode are not excepted. Only short term courses are excepted.
As for example- if you have completed BA from distance mode and B.Sc from regular mode then, you can illuminate only one degree in one time not both degrees.
But according to me you should pursue only one degree course because both are Master degree course. If you can pursue MBA then, no need of pursuing M.Sc also. But the decision is yours.
11th September 2017, 06:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my biotechnology (B.Sc). If I study MSc, can I apply & study MBA in distance education in another college.
I qualified in both ICET & PGCET. I mean can we study both the courses at a time? Is it possible?

Yes, you can study MBA after completion of the MSc course. Candidates after completion of graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks can pursue MBA. Admission to the MBA program is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination, group discussion and interview. There are various specializations available in the MBA like Finance, Marketing, HR, Systems, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Operations etc. An MBA from any reputed college is useful for the candidates for getting recruiting advantage, salary hike etc. From a salary perspective MBA is useful for the MSc graduates.
12th September 2017, 12:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MBA course after completion of your M.Sc. degree course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course. Admissions in MBA course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
12th September 2017, 03:06 PM
kunalroy89

You can pursue two degrees simultaneously but both of them will not be valid at same place.
UGC allows regular degree with certificate/diploma/post graduate diploma etc courses at same time.
But two normal degrees like graduation or postgraduation,as in your case, this is not valid. UGC also notified this in a clarification in 2016.
You can pursue both,but during job interviews or further higher studies, only one should be shown.Moreover,M.Sc and MBA are unrelated mostly.So use of both degrees at same place will not arise.
12th September 2017, 09:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot study both the courses at the same time from different Institutes. Since you have completed your B.Sc course, you can apply for any of the above mentioned courses after B.Sc course but one at a time.
So, if you want to complete both the courses, you should first complete your M.Sc course, then you can study MBA after the completion of M.Sc course.
MBA can be done on the basis of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?