14th February 2015, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

CAT or GATE, which is easy to appear for B.Tech 2nd year student?

hello sir
I am doing my B.tech 2nd year now....
Iam in great confusion what to take??
help me in making out a choice...
I am a average student...
What is easy??CAT or GATE??

16th February 2015, 07:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CAT or GATE, which is easy to appear for B.Tech 2nd year student?

Both the CAT and GATE examinations are entrance examinations which are conducted for admission to MBA and M.Tech courses. Both the examinations are not related in any way and you need to appear in entrance examination based upon your selection of course whether MBA or M.Tech for pursuing your higher studies. If you are interested to pursue MBA course, then, you need to appear in CAT examination or if you are interested to pursue M.Tech course or if you are interested to apply for Government jobs, then, you can apply in GATE examination. As both the examinations are not related to each other in any way, we cannot say which examination is easier or harder but, I suggest you to appear in CAT or GATE examination based upon your interest on the course but, not to choose the course because, the entrance examination is easier.
16th February 2015, 10:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CAT or GATE, which is easy to appear for B.Tech 2nd year student?

CAT and GATE are very tough competitive exams and you have to study very hard to crack any of these exams. And both are the entrance exams, which offers admission into different streams, CAT exam is for the candidates, who want to pursue MBA in IIM's and GATE exam is for the candidates, who want to study M.Tech course. So, you have to choose the exam, depending upon the stream, in which you are interested to pursue your higher studies, but not considering the easiness of the exam. So, I suggest you to decide yourself among two courses MBA or M.Tech and then apply for the concerned entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?