10th August 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Which category should I choose in GATE application form?

I’m in VJ category which is include in NT-A then what should I do? If I’m either applying from general or OBC but there is loss from my side. Any other option, that I do fill GATE form from OBC or SBC. I heard somewhere, I will make the central certificate of any other category. I don’t know exactly which certificate. Anyone can help me if possible or which way I choose. If all category option you gave in form, then why don't you consider our category is there any problem? If have any problem then mention it without fail.

18th August 2017, 04:01 PM
inforamesh

Default Re: Which category should I choose in GATE application form?

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering) is a national level entrance exam conducted for admissions to engineering courses (M.E., M.Tech) at IITs, NITs, GFITs, universities and private institutes. If you want to more information about GATE and it Eligibility please visit the reference link. https://www.collegeindian.com/exam/gate/
18th August 2017, 09:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For GATE, you need an OBC certificate, if you belong to a caste which is listed in central government list. There is no other category other than General, OBC and SC/ST, in terms of caste. Hence, you have to select any one.

In case, you caste doesn't appear in central list, then you won't get reservation benefit in GATE. Also, make sure you are under non creamy layer, if you are applying as an OBC candidate.
14th October 2020, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

I'm a BC-E candidate (i.e.minority) under which category I have to apply ? Please help me by the information
20th September 2021, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Which category should I choose in gate application if I belong to BC ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?