21st December 2015, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Civil service exam after completing post graduation? Is it too late to write this exam?

Hi, I am a physiotherapist I just completed my post graduation and I wish to give civil service exam. I am 26 now and from OBC category. How do I start? Is it too late?

22nd December 2015, 06:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Civil service exam after completing post graduation? Is it too late to write this exam?

No, it is not too late. The upper age limit for OBC candidates in Civil Services examination is 35 years, you are only 26 years. So, you are left with ample time to crack this examination which requires consistent effort along with dedication and determination.

Any graduate from a recognized university is eligible to apply for this exam exam. For OBC candidates there are nine attempt upto upper age limit.

How to start?

You can start working on your basic concepts of subjects like History, Civics, Geography, Economics from NCERT 6th to 10+2 class. It will take 40-50 days if you work hard 5-6 hours per day on these subjects, as there are 40 books overall. After completing these books, either you can join any coaching institute like Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy or ALS etc for better preparation.

You can also do self preparation through recommended books like Lakshmikant for Polity, Ramesh Singh for Economics, G.C Leong for Geography.

Work hard with consistency, this is key to success in this exam.
22nd December 2015, 10:04 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Civil service exam after completing post graduation? Is it too late to write this exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or in final year of bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with +3 years and +5 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST category respectively.

So, you are no late to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2015, 05:04 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is one of toughest examination and there is no late in attempting till you cross maximum age limit.

To appear for examination maximum age limit is 32 years for general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST. So, you are eligible to appear for examination.

There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for examination. The application form for 2016 examination will be available from April 2016. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2015, 06:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for Civil Services exam is:

1. General candidate: 21-32 years.

2. OBC candidate: 21-35 years.

3. SC/ST candidate: 21-37 years.

You are of 26 years only, so you have good time left with you to prepare and clear this exam. Bachelor's degree is minimum academic requirement.

There are three phase of this exam namely Preliminary exam, mains exam and interview.

You can start by reading basic NCERT or NIOS books for different social subjects like History, Geography, Civics and Economics.
29th December 2015, 11:34 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No, it’s not late. You have sufficient time to prepare. But one thing you should keep in mind that it is very tough and hard to crack so hard labour is necessary.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate age should be 21-32 years.

Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?