29th December 2015, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of graduation course?

Respected Sir/Mam,

Can i do msc in mathmatics after compelting my graduation.right now i am btech final year student from electrical engineering in MNIT,JAIPUR.
and can i do msc in rajasthan govt.college or in any private college? sir most important doubt is that will i eligible for professor or lecturer exam in india or rajasthan?plz help me sir. thnx sir.

29th December 2015, 09:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of graduation course?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot pursue M.Sc. in Mathematics after completion of B.Tech course in the field of electrical engineering. This is because the basic eligibility course for M.Sc. course is you should be graduate in the field of Mathematics or related fields. However, you can definitely opt for Engineering Mathematics. GATE is an effective medium through which you can get admission for Engineering Mathematics in the top ranking institutes of the country. If you complete post graduation and clear SLET/NET then you will be eligible for lecturer post.
29th December 2015, 11:08 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of graduation course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

Can i do msc in mathmatics after compelting my graduation.right now i am btech final year student from electrical engineering in MNIT,JAIPUR.
and can i do msc in rajasthan govt.college or in any private college? sir most important doubt is that will i eligible for professor or lecturer exam in india or rajasthan?plz help me sir. thnx sir.

Yes, you are eligible to study M.Sc in Mathematics after B.Tech course. The eligibility to study the M.Sc in Mathematics is a B.E or B.Tech or B.Sc Mathematics or B.Sc Applied Science in Madras University. The university eligibility pdf link is given
http://www.unom.ac.in/uploads/admiss...ligibility.pdf
You can also do M.Sc Mathematics in Lovely Professional University with B.Tech course. The eligibility is a pass with 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree (any discipline) (with mathematics as a subject) or 50% aggregate marks in B.Tech or B.E or equivalent. The website link is given for your reference http://www.lpu.in/program/msc-mathematics.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?