21st December 2012, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

How to write civil service exam while working in Tamilnadu Police Department

Sir,

I am working in Tamil Nadu Police Department. i wish to write civil service exam. my age is 32. how may years i will wirte the Civil Service Exam and any age relaxation for State govt. employee

11th July 2015, 11:09 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to write civil service exam while working in Tamilnadu Police Department

Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility criteria for appearing for Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also allowed to apply for the exam.

2. Candidates belonging to general category must be in the age range 21-32 years. If you belong to OBC or SC/ST category, you will get upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.

No, there is no upper age relaxation for state government employee, other than SC/ST, OBC category, age relaxation is given to physically handicapped, Ex Serviceman etc.

So if you belong to OBC category, you can write Civil Services examination upto 35 years and if to SC/ST category then to 37 years.

Number of attempts:

For general candidates, it is six from 2015, for obc candidates it is nine and no limit for SC/ST candidates upto upper age limit.

If you have any more query about Civil Services exam, visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?