15th January 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Which course is best to pursue after MCA completion?

Hi, i have completed my B.Sc in Hotel Management. And right now i am doing MCA final semester. I want to do further studies. So my question is which is the best course after MCA?

Related Questions:
  1. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  2. Courses available to study in Post Graduation for B.Sc General candidate?
  3. Will it be a problem for me to get a good job after completion of MCA of not scoring 1st class in 12th Class?
  4. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  5. Can I pursue MCA after completion of BBA?
  6. Is it beneficial to study MFA instead of M.Com after B.Com?
  7. What shall I do to pursue MCA after completion of BCA with 72% being a candidate having not gone through Mathematics in 12th class?
  8. Can I do MCA without Maths in 12th? Which are the universities where I can pursue MCA?
  9. What are the steps which I need to follow to get the admission for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  10. Is it possible to do Diploma course while appearing for HSC exams?
  11. Difference between BCA and BSc(Computer Science)? Which has more and what is the syllabus? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing MSc from Botany
  13. Is it worth to pursue MCA from Sikkim Manipal University? From where to pursue MCA and what are the job prospects in government sector?
  14. To study in B.Sc should I take admission in any Diploma course if secured 41% in 10th?
  15. Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue M.Tech course?
  16. Diploma in Architecture is possible for 12th student? Whether a 3 years Architecture Diploma holder is eligible to study B.Arch?
  17. What should I do among Job and B.Tech if completed Diploma in ECE?
  18. Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA?
15th January 2016, 09:38 PM
GraphicDesiner

Smile Re: Which course is best to pursue after MCA completion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i have completed my B.Sc in Hotel Management. And right now i am doing MCA final semester. I want to do further studies. So my question is which is the best course after MCA?
After MCA, you could either doing job or higher Study,

List of courses after MCA :

Master of Business Administration
Master of Science
Master of Technology
PhD

Another option available for the MCA students after these courses are short term certificate courses like

Software Testing
Hardware
Networking
Database.

All the best.
15th January 2016, 09:57 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is best to pursue after MCA completion?

MCA course stands for Masters in Computer Application which is a Post graduate course duration of 2 years which is done after graduation degree only.

After MCA course you have two good option :
1st : Teaching
2nd : Software Engineering /Software Analysis.

If you are interested in Teaching then you have to appear NET exam (National Eligibility Test) which is done for getting lecturer post in Government colleges .

If you are interested in Software jobs then you should go for Short term courses like DOT NET , JAVA , C++ , ORACLE , LINUX , Etc.....
15th January 2016, 10:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After successful completion of your MCA course (Master of Computer Application) and having interest in further studies is a good thing. There are many courses which you can do and that involves studying courses in programming languages such as C, C++, JAVA, ORACLE and even you can even courses in Testing which gives you knowledge about automation and manual testing.

If you are particular of doing courses in college then you can do for PH.d in Computer Science. This can be done in as:
  • Full Time Research Scholar
  • Part time Research Scholar
  • Teaching cum Research Fellow

The eligibility needed for applying for Ph.d course in Computer science is candidate should have completed a post graduate degree in computer science such as MCA from a recognized university with at least 60% or equivalent CGPA with mathematics as subject.
15th January 2016, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of MCA course, you can do Ph.D course through UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
15th January 2016, 11:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

List of top courses after MCA :
  • Master of Business Administration
  • Master of Science
  • Master of Technology
  • Ph.D
Also candidate can go for short term certificate courses like :
  • Software Testing
  • Hardware
  • Networking
  • Database
16th January 2016, 12:09 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you want to pursue higher studies even after completion of MCA. There are many courses which you can pursue. You can switch to courses of other domain too. Since you have pursued MCA, so the ideal course will be PhD. Otherwise you can also go for M.Phil. Apart from this, there are other courses too like MBA, Mass Communication, Fashion Designing, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?