30th June 2016, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better to take after completion of BCA? MCA or M.Sc?

SIR/MADAM

I HAD NOW COMPLETED BCA. SO,I AM COMPLETELY WORRIED OF MY FURTHER STUDIES. I AM INTERESTED IN DOING BOTH "MSC IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY" AS WELL AS "MCA".SO,I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED CAN U GUIDE ME,WHICH COULD BE BETTER,EITHER "MCA" OR "MSC"? PLEASE...... help me

30th June 2016, 05:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better to take after completion of BCA? MCA or M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR/MADAM

I HAD NOW COMPLETED BCA. SO,I AM COMPLETELY WORRIED OF MY FURTHER STUDIES. I AM INTERESTED IN DOING BOTH "MSC IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY" AS WELL AS "MCA".SO,I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED CAN U GUIDE ME,WHICH COULD BE BETTER,EITHER "MCA" OR "MSC"? PLEASE...... help me
The candidate can choose MCA after BCA course. The opportunities for the MCA course are higher than a M.Sc course. Many of the top MNCs recruit MCA graduates. So the scope and opportunities for the MCA graduates are high compare to the M.Sc graduates. The MCA’s are mostly suitable for working purposes in various organizations. So considering the scope the MCA course is better than B.Sc course.
30th June 2016, 07:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better to take after completion of BCA? MCA or M.Sc?

As far as my knowledge is concerned, MCA (Master of Computer Application) course is the best course to pursue after completion of BCA course. BCA is a Graduate degree course and MCA (Master of Computer Application) is a Post Graduation course of BCA and not Master of Science course. Based on this reason, I can clearly say that MCA course is the best course to pursue after completion of BCA course.

As you are from BCA background, then MCA should be the Master's Degree is an appropriate option. M.Sc in IT basically focuses on the Software Development and Application. Where are MCA course covers the topics related to designing and Programming. As far as the job opportunities are concerned, the best course I would suggest you to go with MCA course after BCA.
30th June 2016, 09:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications and M.Sc. stands for Master of Science. MCA is Master's degree course which can be pursued after completion of BCA course. As you have completed your Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications, you can gain more knowledge in the same field by pursuing Master's degree course. So, I suggest you to pursue Master of Computer Applications course after completion of your BCA course.
1st July 2016, 12:04 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The best course to do after Bachelor of Computer Application is Master of Computer Application. You will have lots of job and career opportunities after MCA. From career point of view, you must go for Master of Computer application.

*The entrance examination for doing MCA course from top colleges is NIMCET. You must have at least 60% marks in BCA to apply for this exam and after cleaing which you can do MCA from NITs.
1st July 2016, 12:24 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For a candidate who has done Bachelor of Computer Application, Master of Computer Application is the best suitable course for better career options.

After MCA, you can get jobs in companies like TCS, IBM, HCL, Infosys if you have more than 60% marks through selection process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?