17th July 2015, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I do my higher studies CA course after completion of 12th with 88% marks?

I am a computer science student. I qualified in 12th state board examination with 88%, can i do my higher studies as CA? Can you please let me know what is the eligibility criteria followed for the same? I just wanted to know if am really eligible for it?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. After completion of B.E is it necessary to go for higher studies like M.Tech or MBA?
  2. What should be done after Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication??
  3. What should I study further to settle down in US after completing B.Tech(CSE)?
  4. Is it beneficial to study B.E. instead of getting job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Job Opportunities after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? Higher studies in this field after completion of BE?
  6. Can I do graduation after completion of 12th?I want to go for higher studies
  7. Arts or Science, what should I choose if secured 92.56% in 10th ICSE?
  8. What course to do in order to go Abroad after class 12 Commerce?
  9. What should I do if don't have money to study in 10th standard?
  10. After completion of B.E how can go for IIT for higher studies?
  11. Which government jobs can I get on the basis of 10th and 12th? Is it better to go for Higher Studies? Will backlog affect when applying for higher studies?
  12. What should I do further after completion of Graduation? Job or higher studies?
  13. After B.Tech in MEchanical engineering what can I do?
  14. Opportunities in higher studies after completion of my MA in English? List of universities providing such course?
  15. Will I be eligible to do higher studies in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  16. Am I eligible to get scholarship for doing higher studies if I scored 964 marks in 12th?
  17. List of various higher studies options after B.Tech -- [Most Discussed]
  18. List of colleges offering M.Com course in Bangalore after completion of B.Com with 70% marks?
17th July 2015, 06:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do my higher studies CA course after completion of 12th with 88% marks?

Yes surely you can enter CA course if you have passed your 12th from a recognized board of education. You have to appear CPT which is required for 12th pass candidates for getting registered for CA IPCC.

You have to qualify CPT with minimum qualifying marks to become eligible for further studies in CA. Hence, you should start preparing for it so that you can get your candidature registered for this course.
Also, you must take admission in a degree course so that you don't waste your time in case you don't qualify.
17th July 2015, 06:36 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do my higher studies CA course after completion of 12th with 88% marks?

Yes, after the completion of 12th standard, you can join in CA course. To join in CA course, first you have to qualify in CPT entrance exam, which is conducted twice in a year in the months of July and December. If you qualify in CPT entrance exam, then you will get admission in CA course. You can apply for CPT entrance test by visiting following link.
http://www.icai.org/cptform.html
17th July 2015, 06:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do CA after completion of your 12th with 88% marks.

However, below I have mentioned some details regarding the course.

KIndly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examiantion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.
18th July 2015, 12:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CA course.

To pursue chartered accountant (CA) course one must appear for Common proficiency test (CPT) conducted by ICAI.

The eligibility criteria is as follows:

-> Candidate must have passed class 12 examination from a recognized board.

-> Candidate have to register at ICAI.

The official website is http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=3919
18th July 2015, 02:42 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you ca do CA course which stands for Chattered Accountancy which has three levels
C.P.T
I.P.C.C (Article ship 3 years , ITT & Orientation )
FINAL.

As you are +2 pass you can admit in C.P.T course but for this you have to study commerce books .Subjects in C.P.T Accountancy , mathematics, Economics, law.

For more details visit website of ICAI.
http://www.icai.org
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?