23rd March 2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Do I qualify if getting around 38-40 marks in GATE-Biotechnology?

Sir,
I am getting around 38 to 40 marks
in GATE Biotechnology stream.
Kindly tell me do I qualify GATE or not?
Kindly let me know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. How much marks should I get to qualify for GATE?
  2. GATE cutoff marks for admission in M.Tech. in Biotechnology at IIT Guwahati ?
  3. What are the minimum marks needed to qualify for GATE? I have scored 17.33 in GATE in EEE stream
  4. Last year cutoff list for GATE M.Tech Biotechnology? Can I get in any reputed institute after scoring 37.8 marks in GATE with 90 percentile? List of institutions in which I can get?
  5. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Will I be able to qualify in GATE if scored 38 marks in GATE being a SC candidate?
  7. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  8. Institutions in which I can apply for M.Tech in Plant Biotechnology? Procedure to apply?
  9. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  10. Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?
  11. Can I qualify if secured 1116 rank in GATE? List of colleges for admission?
  12. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  13. Will I qualify for GATE exam after scoring 17 marks out of 100 in SC category?
  14. Minimum marks required to qualify the GATE entrance exam?
  15. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  16. Syllabus for NET Life Science-Biotechnology? Minimum marks required to qualify?
  17. Solutions for previous Gate biotechnology papers?
  18. Can I get admission in IIT madras with 42.67 marks in GATE for biotechnology? I belong to OBC category
28th March 2015, 09:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I qualify if getting around 38-40 marks in GATE-Biotechnology?

Yes, you can qualify by scoring 38-40 marks in GATE-Biotechnology examination. The cutoff marks for GATE examination varies every year and the qualifying marks for General, OBC and SC/ST are also different. The qualifying marks of GATE-Biotechnology 2015 examination for different categories is mentioned below :-
--> General :- 26.08
--> OBC :- 23.47
--> SC/ST :- 17.39
Since, you are getting around 38-40 marks in GATE-Biotechnology examination, definitely you will be qualified in GATE examination.
10th April 2015, 10:30 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Thumbs up Re: Do I qualify if getting around 38-40 marks in GATE-Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am getting around 38 to 40 marks
in GATE Biotechnology stream.
Kindly tell me do I qualify GATE or not?
Kindly let me know about this.
Hello,

If you are General category then you are Qualified for the GATE 2015. But for the Admission in the Biotech stream you need to score more than 50+ marks in GATE 2015. So, it is little bit difficult for you to get the IIT's for the Biotech but yes you can get admission in the best private college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?