11th February 2018, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Is entrance exam compulsory for M.Sc mathematics from IGNOU?

I am a graduate in B.Sc mathematics honors from DU with 59%. Can I apply for M.Sc mathematics from IGNOU? Is entrance compulsory for this?

12th February 2018, 08:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is entrance exam compulsory for M.Sc mathematics from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate in B.Sc mathematics honors from DU with 59%. Can I apply for M.Sc mathematics from IGNOU? Is entrance compulsory for this?
There is no entrance exam conducted for M.Sc Mathematics in IGNOU. The admission is based on merit and there is no entrance test.

Contact Information:

Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
Online Admissions: 29572964
Telephone Exchange: 29571000
Bachelor Masters: 29571318
For specific technical problem: 011-29572514
12th February 2018, 11:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no entrance examination required to appear in order to pursue M.Sc in Mathematics from IGNOU. Admission is based on the marks scored in the B.Sc course.
So, if you are interested to opt for M.Sc course from IGNOU, you can apply on the basis of Graduation marks.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc studying Mathematics as a subject from a recognized University can apply for M.Sc course from IGNOU.
12th February 2018, 05:26 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, entrance exam is not compulsory for MSc mathematics from IGNOU.

MSc stand for the Master in science

MSc is a master degree course

To be eligible for this course it is must to have a bachelor degree in the science stream with Masters as a major subject.
12th February 2018, 09:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. in Mathematics from IGNOU :-

Graduate with a Major, or Honours in Mathematics with at least 50% marks in aggregate.

Or,

Graduate with a BA/B.Sc. degree with Mathematics as one of the three main subjects with equal weightage, having atleast 50% in aggregate and 55% in aggregate in the Mathematics courses will be considered for admission on the condition if the seats at a centre remain vacant.

Admission Procedure:

Admission to the programme is based on merit. Fee has to be paid after admission to the programmes and only registration fee of Rs. 200/- has to be paid with application form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?