7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Is math compulsory for commerce stream? Which is better, science or commerce?

I am a student of class 11. I am confused in taking PCB or commerce. Is math compulsory for a commerce student and I am much more interested in science, but all my background and family & friends and teachers are influencing me with their own thoughts and when it comes to commerce, I lose my confidence. Kindly help me.

7th July 2017, 08:47 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Is math compulsory for commerce stream? Which is better, science or commerce?

Science is a good option as you are also into science so would recommend you to go for science as in future it will help you as well. There are various opportunity if you take up science as the field is quite wide also in case you wanna change your stream in future you can do it easily.
7th July 2017, 11:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is math compulsory for commerce stream? Which is better, science or commerce?

If you choose commerce with maths, then it will help you surely in future because maths is required almost everywhere in commerce field. Even if you don't opt for it, there will not be much effect because most of the commerce graduates don't opt for math in class 12th.

Even top universities have started asking math along with commerce stream. Therefore, it is your personal choice, you should opt according to your own interest.
8th July 2017, 12:22 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, mathematics is also compulsory for commerce stream, you will have to study maths also if you wish to study or science, you cannot neglect it.

Opting for science or commerce stream depends upon your own field of interest as to what is your career goal and which field you want to go for.

Either of the stream is good and can fetch you a good career ahead, provided you should have interest in the field, otherwise you will not be able to do well in your career ahead.

Therefore, I would suggest you to look for your field of interest and then carry on with your studies further.
8th July 2017, 01:56 AM
ranu shahi

I suggest you to go with your own choice. Every stream has equal weightage. And as you asked that mathematics is compulsory or not for commerce stream, so i want to tell you that mathematics is not compulsory but commerce along with mathematics is a great combination. If you take mathematics along with commerce then your calculating skills, problem solving skills will be inhanced.
8th July 2017, 12:44 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, Mathematics is not compulsory for commerce stream.
However, without mathematics in commerce stream you may not be able to grasp the financial analysis courses like CFA, also you may not be to find comfort in business intelligence, data mining, data warehousing courses, financial planning, financial forecasting, budgeting, etc.
So, it would be advisable to you to take mathematics/statistics/business mathematics as one of your subject in your commerce stream for your betterment in future career.
Choose whatever stream interests you the most, if you are interested in medical science then choose PCB in 11th science stream or else go with the commerce stream.
8th July 2017, 08:25 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not compulsory for commerce stream. My suggestion to you is that you can take admission in science stream depending on their interest.

COURSES AFTER 12th Biology

1. Bachelor of Medicine &Bachelor of SurgeryBAMS

2. Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine And Surgery

3. Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery

4. Bachelor of Dental Surgery

COURSES AFTER 12th COMMERCE WITHOUT MATHEMATICS

1. Bachelor of Commerce

2. Bachelor of Management Studies

3. Bachelor of Business Studies

4. Bachelor in Business Management/Administration
10th July 2017, 11:37 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

It is not compulsory to take maths in class 11th with commerce. If you want go in the following fields than you should select commerce stream-
Banking.
Finance.
Accountant.
Manager.
CA.
You can also apply for government jobs after graduation.
If you are interested in medicals than you should select PCB .
You can become a doctor, you can do course for pharmacy,or you can be a dentist.
To select a field is depends upon your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?