26th October 2016, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT for pursuing M.Sc?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing 1st year B.Sc & I want to complete my specialization in Chemistry, my subjects are Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology. I want to pursue M.Sc from IIT so what exams should I give & how should I prepare for it? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in Msc Physics in IIT after scoring 5200 in IIT JEE test? What are the packages offered after MSc?
  2. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  3. How to prepare for the entrance exam for admission to MSc Astrophysics course in IIT Chennai? Syllabus of the exam?
  4. What is the procedure to apply for IIT MSc course?
  5. How to pursue M.Tech electronics from IIT Madras? I am doing MSc in Electronics from Dharwad
  6. In which college could I get after scoring 369 rank in KIITEE?
  7. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  8. How to get enrolled in IIT for MSc in Physics? I am currently pursuing BSc electronics from Delhi University
  9. B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU is recognized by IIT's?
  10. B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?
  11. Recognition of IGNOU B.Sc degree by the IITs
  12. Recognition of IGNOU B.Sc degree by the IITs
  13. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  14. How can I crack IIT JAM entrance exam for MSc? I am a BSc 3rd year student
  15. Am I eligible to do M.Tech Biotechnology after MSc in Botany? How much score should I score in GATE and MSc to take admission in IITs? How many seats are there in IITs for students of other universities?
  16. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?
  17. Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? Is there any entrance exam required?
  18. Should I do MSc in IIT or NISER after pursuing BSc in Zoology? -- [Most Discussed]
28th October 2016, 02:02 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT for pursuing M.Sc?

You will have to appear for IIT(JAM) entrance examination in order to get admission in the above mentioned course as it is the gateway for admission in M.Sc course in IIT. Once you clear the examination, you will be very much eligible to avail a seat in the above mentioned Institute and can continue with your studies further.
28th October 2016, 01:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT for pursuing M.Sc?

For getting the admission in IIT for M.Sc course, you have to appear in the entrance exam which is conducted by IIT itself.

IIT conduct entrance exam known as Jam, joint admission test for management, this exam conduct for MSc or MSc with PhD dual degree courses.

For being eligible in this exam, it is must to have a bachelor's degree in Science stream with the minimum 55% in aggregate. There is relaxation by 5% for the reserved category student
28th October 2016, 09:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For M.Sc course from IIT, you need to appear for IIT JAM. This is the only entrance exam which can help you get admission in IITs after B.Sc degree.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam conducted by IIT. Seats are allotted based on the merit through counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?