15th September 2015, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

How can i do MBA after studying Electrical Engineering?

Hello sir,

I am 3rd year student of Electrical Engineering. After this i want to do MBA. How can i do it?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I opt for M.Tech or MBA degree? I am a 2nd year student studying electrical engineering in Jadavpur University
  2. What course can I do after studying electrical engineering?
  3. Which specialization is a better choice for me in MBA course among Marketing, HR and Operations being a candidate having completed BE in EEE stream?
  4. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  5. Is there any MS degree available for Electrical and Electronics Engineers? I am studying final year in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
  6. What is the syllabus for Railway Job? Books to be referred for the examination? I am studying electrical engineering
  7. What is the best course that can be done after passing B.Tech in EEE
  8. Can I appear for GATE in Electrical Engineering after studying in T.Y.BSc(Physics) course?
  9. Is MBA before IAS helpful?
  10. Which course is good to study Abroad for career growth for EE engineer?
  11. How to do Post graduation in MBA in power management? I have completed engineering in electrical
  12. gate papers for electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to do MBA after completing diploma in electrical engineering from government polytechnic
  14. Which course will provide me more Job Opportunities among M.Tech, MBA and CS after completion of Electrical Engineering?
  15. Which institutes are offering MBA in Power Management? Opportunities in electrical field?
  16. How to do internship in core companies? I am an electrical engineering student studying in 3rd year
  17. How to join Aeronautical engineering for 2nd year Diploma student of Electrical and Electronics student?
  18. How to join Sound Engineering course after studying electrical and electronics engineering
15th September 2015, 10:26 PM
ant man

Default Re: How can i do MBA after studying Electrical Engineering?

Yes you can do MBA after completing Electrical Engineering course. But you can do directly after completing 3rd year.

For doing MBA you must complete b.tech. Being in final year you must apply for the mba entrance exam such as ICET, CAT, MAT, XAT, PGCET etc and pass them.

Basically all the top colleges prefer to give admission to students who have completed degree with 60% marks.

There is no upper age limit for doing MBA, you can even do part time also.

The top MBA colleges in India are
  • Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
  • Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
  • Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
  • Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
  • Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
  • XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
  • Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
  • Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
  • Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
  • Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
  • SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
  • Indian Institute of Management, Indore
  • National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
  • Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillong
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
  • Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
  • TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
  • Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
  • Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
  • Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
  • Indian Institute of Management, Raipur
  • Institute of Rural Management, Anand
  • Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
  • Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
  • Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
If you are planning for doing MBA in abroad then you must pass GMAT exam.
15th September 2015, 11:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for MBA course while you will be in the final year of your degree or after completing your graduation degree .

MBA stands for Master in Business Administration .

Admission to MBA course is carried out through entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, IBSAT .

The eligibility criteria for getting admission in MBA degree are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate who are appearing in the final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam .

-There is no restriction on upper age limit to apply for the MBA degree .
16th September 2015, 12:18 AM
swati salve

You will have to appear in a number of MBA entrance examinations such as;
CAT
MAT
XAT
NMAT
SNAP
GAMT
TANMAT
UPMAT
CTMA
After getting good score in above exam
Apply to college so you can get admission
16th September 2015, 12:22 AM
Sam James

Thumbs up Re: How can i do MBA after studying Electrical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

I am 3rd year student of Electrical Engineering. After this i want to do MBA. How can i do it?
You can do MBA after completing your Engineering degree.

Engineering + MBA is a good combination for higher job prospects.

For getting admission into good MBA colleges or B Schools you have to clear management aptitude test.

The famous of which is CAT.

eVEN THOUGH THE COMPETITION IS HIGH AND TOUGH once you get in, you could expect a high salaried job.

Banks will give loans for educational expenses which may come upto 20 lakhs for complete course.

MAT

GMAT

XAT

etc are the other famous MBA entrance exams.

After clearing your MBA entrance you have to make sure that you have no backlogs in BTech.,since they admit only students with 50% +.

Also after the entrance you will have to clear GD(Group Discussion) and face to face interview or panel interview.
16th September 2015, 12:28 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello sir,

Yeah you can do MBA after completing Electrical engineering as you will be eligible for applying regarding the educational qualification needed.

MBA - Master of Business Administration

This is a post graduate course of 2 years duration consisting of 4 semesters and there are many specializations from which you can choose and they are:
  • MBA in Criminal Justice
  • MBA in e-Business
  • MBA in Education
  • MBA in Education
  • MBA in Engineering
  • MBA in Entrepreneurship
  • MBA in Executive
  • MBA in Finance
  • MBA in General management
  • MBA in Global management
  • MBA in Health Care
  • MBA in Hospitality and Tourism
  • MBA in Human resources
  • MBA in Industrial management
  • MBA in Information systems
  • MBA in Knowledge management
  • MBA in Leadership
  • MBA in Marketing
  • MBA in Media
  • MBA in Nonprofit and Government
  • MBA in Organizational
  • MBA in Sport management
  • MBA in Technology management
  • MBA in Telecommunications

The eligibility needed for doing this course is that candidate should have completed a under graduate degree from a recognized university and should have completed with at least 60% aggregate. There is no age limit for doing this course.

The other thing to be noted is that you should apply for entrance exams for doing this course as there are many entrance exams which are conducted throughout India and to apply for the exams you need to satisfy the eligibility conditions for the respected exams in order to join in MBA course
16th September 2015, 10:18 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello sir,

Yes, you can study MBA after your Electrical Engineering course. The aspirant can do the MBA in regular mode or in correspondence mode also. You can do MBA in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Health care etc... Now a day’s an Engineer should be good not only in technical areas but also in Management of people, day to administration of an organisation and finance management. So the MBA will be useful for the engineers. There are lots of universities offer MBA program in distance mode also.
26th November 2015, 04:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You can either directly go for MBA or get some job experience of one or two years and then do executive MBA program.

There are some institutes which give importance to job experience, however its not necessary.

After completing engineering, you have to prepare for CAT exam, which is conducted by IIMs. But CAT score is accepted by many other institutes as well.
You can also prepare for GMAT exam, if you wish to do MBA abroad.

Some good institutes for MBA in India :

IIMs, FMS Delhi, ISB Hyd., XLRI Jamshedpur, SP Jain.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?