27th November 2015, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

How can M.A qualification in post graduation help in career?

I am in service as a teacher with B.Ed qualified, how can MA in education help me? With further or doing a post graduation eg MA English would be a better option?

29th November 2015, 12:09 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can M.A qualification in post graduation help in career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in service as a teacher with B.Ed qualified, how can MA in education help me? With further or doing a post graduation eg MA English would be a better option?

The M.A qualification is very much useful in your career.

As you are in the profession of teaching the higher qualification will benefit you for your growth in your profession.

The knowledge in the subject will also increase and you can have a chance to clear your doubts and also can clear students.

The post graduation will increase your skills and remuneration.

So it is always advisable to study M.A.
29th November 2015, 02:37 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# After go through your query, it came to know that you are presently serving as a teacher and now wants to do post-graduation degree. You have also shown much inclination towards M.A. (English).

# As per my personal view, M.A. (English) is better option. The importance of English has increased manifold due to globalization, liberalization and advancement of information technology.

# Followings are the career prospects after M.A. (English):

* Editor
* Interpreter/translator in media houses
* English Language Trainer
* In research institutes
* Job in Embassies of foreign countries
* In Ministry of External Affairs
* Tourist guide in tour and travel agencies
* Online Content Writer
* Technical Translator
* In BPO's and KPO's
* In the field of media houses and mass communication
* Lecturer/Professor in educational institutions
* Setting up own English coaching / tutorial

# Names of few universities offering M.A. (English) are:

* Jawaharlal Nehru University 9JNU), New Delhi
* Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
* Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
* Delhi University (DU), New Delhi
* Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
* Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
* Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
* English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad
29th November 2015, 08:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since. you have completed B.Ed and working as a Teacher so I suggest you to apply for M.Ed instead of M.A Degree course. M.Ed is related to B.Ed. There is good scope available for M.Ed.

Master of Education (M.Ed) is a Master Degree course. The duration of the course is for two years which is divided into four semester. Once after completing M.Ed you can find various job opportunity based on your specialization. By doing M.Ed course you can gain more experience in Teaching field, which helps you to get Teaching Job in reputed Government or Private school.

M.Ed Eligibility Criteria:

- This M.Ed course is best suited for those who have completed B.Ed in concerned specialization from a recognized university. Applicants must complete B.Ed with minimum 50% in aggregate for general category students and 45% for SC/ST category of students.

- An entrance exam followed by group discussion and interview might be there, depending on the college.First preference will be given to the candidates having work experience in Teaching field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?