1st February 2017, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

How much marks I need to score to become an astronomer?

Hi, I want to become an astronomer. Now l am in 12th last semester. I want to study B.Sc with astronomy in M.S. University. Can you please tell me how much merit I need? Please also give me some tips for it.

2nd February 2017, 11:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks I need to score to become an astronomer?

It is very good that you have a dream of becoming an Astronomer.
Since you want to pursue the B.Sc course in Astronomy from M.S University, you must have to complete your class 12th from a recognised Board with above 65% of marks in it to get admission in the above mentioned University.
3rd February 2017, 01:07 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

At this point of time you need to concentrate on your studies as much as you can without any kind of deviation and score as high as possible with the concepts crystal clear.

Also, no one can determine the actual marks or rank of merit without appearing in the exams.

it solely depends upon the following factors :

* The demand of the course.
* The number of seats available.
* The number of applications came for the course.

So, you will know it once you become eligible for the course because till the time you will be eligible, there will be huge changes in the schemes of all the exams from now.
3rd February 2017, 01:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such fixed marks mentioned to be obtained in order to get admission in Astronomer course as the cut-off never remains the same throughout and keeps on changing each years depending upon various factors. However, I would suggest you to kindly prepare well fro your examination and most probably you will be able to score better and get admission in any good institute to carry on with your career ahead.
11th May 2021, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am in 9th std and I want to become an astronomer
Can you tell me whole process after 10th that will help me to become astronomer ?
4th April 2022, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm Amrutha from Vijayawada. I'm studying 12th. I gonna complete my 12th in 2 months. I want to become an astronomer. So can you please tell me the way to achieve my dream which I dreamt solemnly and solely..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?