17th February 2015, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc(IT) or B.Tech(IT), which is favourable to study for B.Sc(IT) graduate? Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(IT)?

Hi,

I have completed my B.Sc IT but I want to get
admission in B.Tech in IT field so I get admission in
2nd year or not? And also doing B.Tech after B.Sc is good
or M.Sc IT is favourable?

Thanks,
Adyasha

19th February 2015, 11:06 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Sc(IT) or B.Tech(IT), which is favourable to study for B.Sc(IT) graduate? Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(IT)?

It is better to pursue M.Sc(IT) after the completion of B.Sc(IT) course, instead of joining in B.Tech course. That's because doing Master's in IT will help you to increase your knowledge and increase your chances of getting a job. And doing double graduation in somewhat similar courses is waste of time, which may not boost your career as if compared to doing Masters.
So, I suggest you to join in M.Sc(IT).
Moreover, if you want to get admission in second of year of B.Tech(IT). The eligibility criteria to get admission in second year of Engineering is
i)Candidate must have completed three years Diploma, from a recognized institution with at least 45% marks(40% marks in case of reserved category).
ii)Candidate must have passed three years B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university or institution with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks in case of reserved category) and should have passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?