21st November 2016, 12:26 PM
Rohanhola

MCA from IGNOU, good from job perspective?

Hello,

I'm a B.Com graduate from ICA (under Annamalai University, with a dismal 47.2%). I have passed my class 12th in Commerce with 67.2%. Now I'm working as a front end developer at an IT firm!

My target now is to do MCA from a fairly reputed College! But I found out that this, without Maths in class 12th or BCA, is quite impossible! So, my only option is IGNOU!

So now the main question is, will I be able to get a good amount of salary, will this be a worthwhile venture? Will I be able to earn a fairly good amount of salary, or work in institutions like Cognizant, Accenture, etc. with an IGNOU MCA degree and my background?

Thank you in advance!

22nd November 2016, 04:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MCA from IGNOU, good from job perspective?

If you are already working in an IT firm, then a distance mode MCA is the only option. Most of the US companies don't consider distance mode qualifications. Hence, you might not get benefit in most of the IT companies, if you do MCA from IGNOU.

Still there are many IT companies which consider distance mode qualifications plus it will also depend on your present performance. If you are performing well for your company, then any qualification will work for your promotion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?