4th January 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Post graduate degree in Maths is possible after BCA?

I am BCA graduate, Am I eligible to admission in post graduate degree in math? I wanna do the post graduate degree in math.

21st September 2014, 01:15 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Post graduate degree in Maths is possible after BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am BCA graduate, Am I eligible to admission in post graduate degree in math? I wanna do the post graduate degree in math.
If you have studied mathematics subject at graduation level then you are definitely eligible for M.Sc Mathematics course. The candidates who possess B.Sc in Mathematics or B.Sc in Mathematics and Computer Application are eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics course.

Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics is a Masters degree course. The duration of the course is two years which are divided into four semesters.

Eligibility Criteria:-
The candidates should have done their graduation with Mathematics as a main subject or its equivalent to apply for this course and the graduation course must have been done from a recognized university.
The candidate should have also chosen Mathematics or statistics in their 12th standard and graduation course as well.
The admission to the course is based on the entrance exam score conducted by the corresponding university.

M.Sc in Mathematics Colleges:-
A.D.M. College for Women,Bharathidasan University,Tamil Nadu
A.P.A. College of Arts and Culture,Madurai Kamaraj University,Tamil Nadu
Bengal Engineering and Science University Bengal Engineering and Science University,WB
St. Joseph's College,Calicut University,Kerala
Acharya Narendra Dev College,University of Delhi
Aditi Mahavidyalaya,University of Delhi
Alagappa Government Arts College,Alagappa University,Tamil Nadu
15th September 2017, 09:11 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Post graduate degree in Maths is possible after BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, to inform you that after completing your BCA(Bachelors in Computer Application) you are not eligible to apply for post graduation degree in mathematics, because for post graduation in mathematics minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree in mathematics from government recognized institute.

>> After completing BCA degree best option for you to apply for further studies is MCA(Master in Computer Application). Duration of MCA course is 3 years and also qualification required to apply is BCA.

:- So according to my opinion MCA is better option for you to go for further studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?