7th July 2017, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in IIT for M.Sc bioinformatics?

Sir, I am student of BSc bioinformatics. For IIT colleges for M.Sc bioinformatics, will I need to give GATE exam or is there any other entrance for IIT colleges??

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding admission in PhD Bioinformatics in New Zealand?
  2. Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?
  3. How to do MSc Bioinformatics? Best institutes for the same?
  4. Which is better between MSc Bioinformatics and MCA? I am interested in Bioinformatics
  5. What is the procedure to apply for IIT MSc course?
  6. List of colleges offering PhD in Bioinformatics for MSc student? -- [New]
  7. Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance recognized?
  8. Is msc-bioinformatics after bsc-biotechnology a good option?
  9. Whether Punjabi University offering Ph.D in Bioinformatics programme? Procedure to get admission? Is there any entrance exam available?
  10. How to take admission in Msc Physics in IIT after scoring 5200 in IIT JEE test? What are the packages offered after MSc?
  11. Should I opt for msc bio informatics after ty biotechnology?
  12. Possibility to study MSc(Bioinformatics) for B.Sc(Biology) candidate? List of colleges with fee structure in Kozhikode?
  13. Names of the colleges offering Bioinformatic in India? What are the job opportunities?
  14. Syllabus of MSc Bioinformatics Entrance exam? Books to be used for preparation? Previous year papers of the exam?
  15. Which course is better between MBA and M.Sc. in Bio-Informatics after completion of B.Sc. Bioinformatics?
  16. Admission in MSc zoology in Chandigarh college after completing BSc Bioinformatics under GNDU with 56.6%?
  17. How to pursue M.Tech electronics from IIT Madras? I am doing MSc in Electronics from Dharwad
  18. Companies for bioinformatics software designing jobs in India?
11th July 2017, 04:13 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in IIT for M.Sc bioinformatics?

Yes, there is another entrance exam other than GATE for getting admission into IIT colleges.
To get admission in IIT colleges you need to fulfill few eligibility requirements which are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed their graduation in any related subjects with 55% from any recognized university.
- There is 5% relaxation for the SC/ ST and PwD candidates.

Admission process:
- The candidate should have cleared their GATE (Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering) or JAM (Joint Admission Test).
- Based on your performance in the entrance exam you'll be given admission in the IIT colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?