30th April 2016, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for CAT to study MBA as GATE is tough to prepare?

Hi,
I am studying B.Tech 3rd year with ECE stream. I am in big confusion that is I am unable to take decision to do M.Tech or MBA after B.Tech? As GATE is very tough, my mind is on CAT and for MBA. Is this right or wrong? I am in big dilemma.

2nd May 2016, 06:46 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should I opt for CAT to study MBA as GATE is tough to prepare?

You are studying in the 3rd year of B-Tech course and want to do post graduation course after the completion of the degree course. But you are in a confusion of doing MBA or M-Tech course.

>>This decision must be taken by you only. In my opinion first of all you have to think about it. It means if your technical portion is strong then you can go for M-Tech course. For this you need to qualify in one of the toughest exams of Engineering discipline i.e GATE exam. After qualifying in the GATE exam you to fill the counseling form and then college is allotted to you as per your rank. If you cannot score good marks in the GATE exam then there is no need to worry about that. There are some colleges in India such as BITS Pilani, IPU delhi etc which conducts their own exam for M-Tech course. You can appear in those exams and score good marks in their entrance test to get the seat.

>>If you don’t have much interest in technical subjects then you can opt for MBA course. For this you have appear in different entrance exams such as CAT, XAT, CMAT etc. So in my opinion you have to firstly think about your interest areas and then go for that course.
2nd May 2016, 09:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for CAT to study MBA as GATE is tough to prepare?

MBA is one of the most sought out qualification and if you can manage to get admission in a top management institute then it is surely better than a M.Tech degree. M.Tech is mainly for those who want to enter academics or research field.

MBA is a good option if you are looking for top paying jobs at management level in MNCs. You need to score an excellent percentile in CAT for admission in a top institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?