5th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

For which stream should I go after completing my B.Tech? I am from IT branch

for which stream should i go after completing my betch ?my branch is information technology.

10th January 2012, 07:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which stream should I go after completing my B.Tech? I am from IT branch

After B.Tech in IT you can opt to do M.Tech in IT. For this you have to clear GATE or other entrance exams. You can also opt for MCA which is three year course. The admission for MCA is usually through the entrance exams conducted by the University. If you have an interest in management you can opt for MBA. The admission for MBA is through the scores obtained in CAT/MAT/XAT, etc.
10th January 2012, 10:22 PM
se2madon

Default Re: For which stream should I go after completing my B.Tech? I am from IT branch

After b tech you can do many post graduate course according to you interest.
You can do 2 years m tech course you have to clear gate exam for this
also you can do m.e. (i.t.) master in engineering.
You can do mba but if you are intersted in management only you can go dor it.
Also you can work with a software company
and you can prepare many examination such as e.s services etc..
Better option is to go for job.
10th January 2012, 10:37 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......
After B.tech in IT , you can join for M.tech in IT .
other wise you can go for the jobs .
For more details about your carrier i am providing you a carrier chart from where you can see details information from their .......

Good luck.........
11th January 2012, 12:06 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of B.tech course in IT stream you can go for courses like-

1.M.tech in IT stream-
If you want to become specialize in your field then M.tech is a good option to increase your knowledge in your field.. After which you can do research in the same field.

2.MBA-
If you have interest in management field then you can go for MBA course.
After which you can get a job with better designation and better salary.

Now you decide in which field you want to go..
All the best.
28th November 2012, 05:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do M.Tech then obviously the best choice would be M.Tech in IT. Although It is not necessary for you to do post graduation course.

If you want job then please feel free to apply for the job in Information Technology sector. There will be opening for you in top IT companies such as:

Infosys

TCS

Accenture

Microsoft

Wipro

HCL

Satyam

Dell

HP

IBM

However to get job in any of these companies, you must have excellent academic record. Minimum of 60/65 percent marks in 10th, 12th and B.Tech are required to be eligible for job in any of these companies.

However if post graduation is your aim then you will have to appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE). B.Tech graduates from any stream can apply for the GATE entrance exam.

I would suggest that you do M.Tech in IT. After that you can apply for jobs in IT sector or become college lecturer. There is a good scope to become college lecturer after completing M.Tech.

For lectureship in govt colleges you must have scored 55 percent marks in graduation. The apply for the National Eligibility Test. In private colleges you can directly apply in individual colleges for the job.

Apart from M.Tech you can also do MBA. Although this is not something that I will recommend over M.Tech. The right stream in MBA for you would be IT. After this course you can apply for job in IT sector but it would be more of a managerial level job.

For MBA admission you must clear Common Admission Test for which the criteria is 50 percent marks in graduation. Other entrance exams include MAT for which there is no percentage criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?