2nd August 2015, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Is it true that M.Tech is only for taking up a teaching profession job?

I am a B.Tech student and want to do M.Tech.I want to settle in my core branch job i.e.,civil engineering?.I have heard from many that M.Tech is for only teaching profession.The M.Tech which teaches the core subjects and makes you professional in your core branch is just for teaching profession please any one clarify this

2nd August 2015, 08:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that M.Tech is only for taking up a teaching profession job?

If you want job as civil engineer then B.Tech is enough for you. M.Tech is for those who want to study higher or want to enter research field. In the process they also become eligible for lecturer profession because of the knowledge they acquire.

Hence, if you are not interested in teaching or research then you should start searching for job on the basis of your B.Tech qualification.
2nd August 2015, 11:24 PM
NITIN1807

Smile Re: Is it true that M.Tech is only for taking up a teaching profession job?

Not exactly as you heard. only differences is what you learnt in Btech, in Mtech every thing will be in detail practical knowledge will be more as well you get a chance to teach B.tech guys for improving your knowledge and other skills. after completion of Mtech you can go anywhere i.e. for a job in company, for research field PhD, or either teach somewhere and make career in teaching line.
3rd August 2015, 05:56 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that M.Tech is only for taking up a teaching profession job?

Teaching is not the only option after M.Tech.
After completing M.Tech students get placed in Amazon, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, Adobe etc.

Many companies conduct special separate placement for M.Tech students.
4th August 2015, 02:41 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is nothing such, you can opt up many career options after the completion of your M.Tech as well as you can go for Teaching profession also.

So, don't worry if you are pursuing M.Tech, you are entitled to many job options after the completion of the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?