7th October 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

What is the Eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT?

I have completed my B.Com with 60% result. Now i want to join mba in IIM.. So i want to know about the eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT?

7th October 2015, 09:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CAT Exam:

As far as your educational qualification and percentage is concerned, you are certainly eligible to appear in CAT Examination. Common Admission Test is basically conducted for admission into Business Administration courses namely, MBA. The minimum percentage required in Graduation is "50% marks" from a recognized university.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have completed Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible.

>> Any Bachelor Degree is eligible in order to appear in CAT Exam. Candidates who have completed B.E/ B.Tech are also eligible to appear.

>> Since you have completed B.Com with 60% marks in Graduation, you are certainly eligible to appear in CAT Entrance Examination.

Minimum Percentage Required: 50% marks in Graduation
7th October 2015, 09:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Com with 60% result. Now i want to join mba in IIM.. So i want to know about the eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT?
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
7th October 2015, 10:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in CAT examination, you must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised board. Candidates who are appearing for final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting for results can also apply for CAT examination. Since, you have obtained Bachelor's degree in B.Com course with an aggregate of 60% marks from a recognied board, you are eligible to appear in CAT examination.
7th October 2015, 11:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the Eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT?

CAT which is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management for admission in different management program and other prestige college of MBA in India.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT EXAMINATION

** The applicant must have completed bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks from the reputed and recognized University/Institute.

** B.Com final year student also eligible for the CAT exam.

** There is no age limit for the CAT entrance exam
8th October 2015, 01:04 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT :

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.
There is no age limit.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?