24th December 2016, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for placements after completing B.Tech (ME) with 68% marks?

I got one back in only 6th sem and its exam will be in 8th semester. Currently, I am in 7th semester. I got 70% in 12th, 65% in 10th and 68% in B.Tech (ME) till third year. So, am I eligible for placements in reputed companies in my current semester?

25th December 2016, 10:31 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements after completing B.Tech (ME) with 68% marks?

You are on the edge of selection as well as rejection.
You need to be aware of your performance.

What you need to do is, make sure you must and must not have any current backlog and most importantly you have to clear 6th semester backlog any how, in order to be eligible to sit in any of the company campus recruitment drive.

Another thing is that in 7th and 8th semester you must score enough to get your average percentage more than 70%.

If you got fail in any one of them, then it will be your rejection from most of the company placement drive.
26th December 2016, 12:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements after completing B.Tech (ME) with 68% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got one back in only 6th sem and its exam will be in 8th semester. Currently, I am in 7th semester. I got 70% in 12th, 65% in 10th and 68% in B.Tech (ME) till third year. So, am I eligible for placements in reputed companies in my current semester?
Yes, you are eligible campus placement.

Eligibility criteria for campus placement:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Companies is 60%.

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for companies recruitment.
26th December 2016, 09:23 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for placements after completion of your B.Tech course with 68% provided you clear your backlog. Most of the reputed companies have the eligibility condition as 60% or above throughout the career and no pending backlogs. Since you have a pending backlog, so you will not be eligible for most of the companies until you clear it. Hence aim at clearing it as soon as possible, post which you will be eligible for almost all the companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?