27th May 2015, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to pursue MBA if working in BPO?

Hi,
This is Maahi. I have completed my BBA this month itself and results are awaited. I am doing job in BPO. Since, I am financially weak right now, I am thinking to do MBA. But I want to secure my job also. My question is, doing job in BPO effects my career if doing MBA?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MBA after a big gap of almost 4 years in graduation? I have been working for a BPO in the mean time
  2. What are the career options for me having completed B.Com course with 49% and working for BPO?
  3. Am I eligible for Sikkim Manipal University's MBA after working in BPO?
  4. Can I join TCS BPO if secured 71% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 72% in CSE Diploma course having 2 years of working experience in a BPO?
  5. Hi all, I am working with a BPO
  6. HR job in BPO after BCA, MBA (HR) and 1 year BPO experience?
  7. Scope in HR stream in BPOs after MBA and 2 years experience as an executive in BPO?
  8. Formalities and possibility to pursue MCA for B.Sc(Hotel Management) candidate who is working in BPO? Syllabus of TANCET MCA?
  9. Infosys BPO job is good for freshers? Wipro BPO and Infosys BPO are same?
  10. Does it valuable for me to pursue MCA course in Distance Learning being a candidate having completed BCA and working in BPO Company?
  11. How to do ICWAI while working n BPO? I have done B.Com
  12. Which course will be better for me between M.Tech and MBA being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation? Does this possible to pursue PG while working?
  13. What is the eligibility for IRS? Procedure for the exam?
  14. How to pursue MBA after working in IT company for last 1.5 years
  15. Which MBA course should I pursue? I have qualified BSc Hons Chemistry
  16. What is the eligibility criteria of TCS off campus? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How much salary can I get after completing MCA with oracle OCP certificate?
  18. Higher Studies for BPO workers to make a better career

31st May 2015, 10:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to pursue MBA if working in BPO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
This is Maahi. I have completed my BBA this month itself and results are awaited. I am doing job in BPO. Since, I am financially weak right now, I am thinking to do MBA. But I want to secure my job also. My question is, doing job in BPO effects my career if doing MBA?

MBA is a post graduation course and you can do this course after completing BBA which is a correct stream. To join in MBA course you would need to write the entrance exam such as CAT, MAT, XAT, TANCET and many other. You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to apply for the exam.

Being working in BPO and doing MBA does not affect your job as you can do MBA as a part time course and the duration of the course extends based on it. The duration of MBA course in full time is 2 years and regarding part time it will be 4 years. Some of the colleges where you can prefer doing part time MBA are:
  • Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
  • Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
  • Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
  • Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
  • Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
  • Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management
  • Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies

8th July 2017, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I have six years experience in IT and now currently i am jobless, shall i go to bpo job and part time in mtech in computers?

12th July 2017, 09:09 AM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
The BPO job may not be an advantage for your MBA degree, but you can add the professional experience. Being an experienced person even in BPO is better than fresher. Also if you are choosing MBA in the field you worked for BPO then it will be an added advantage. Try to avoid doing part time MBA unless it is from recognized university.

10th November 2019, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

As i have complected my engineering and selected in campus placement in BPO . So i am doing job in BPO and i want to do MBA . So the 6 months experience will be valuable or not .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?