22nd July 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Average fees of merchant navy course? Any exemption for BC/SC? Any scope for student who is not financially strong?

what is the average fees of the merchant navy course?is there any exemption 4 the BC/SC etc.if any student is not financially strong,but want to make career in merchant navy so is there any scope 4 this type of student?is it necessary 2 pass +2 from PCM, commerce with math student doesn't have any option here?

18th December 2011, 04:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Average fees of merchant navy course? Any exemption for BC/SC? Any scope for student who is not financially strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the average fees of the merchant navy course?is there any exemption 4 the BC/SC etc.if any student is not financially strong,but want to make career in merchant navy so is there any scope 4 this type of student?is it necessary 2 pass +2 from PCM, commerce with math student doesn't have any option here?
The average fees for the merchant navy course is Rs. 30000 per year which includes tuition, hostel and mess fees. There are several institution which offers course in Merchant navy. There is no reservation for BC and SC.
If you are financial not equipped enough to do this course you can always avail educational loans from Private and PSU banks e.g Karnataka Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI Bank, Allahabad Bank. HDGC Bank. The salary structure of a Merchant navy professional is very good. hence, repaying the loan amount through Equated Monthly Installments (EMI) will not be much of a problem for you.
Yes, a student must have scored 60% in PCM, if he has completed his class ten exams or 55% minimum in B.Sc. Students are also eligible if the have passed B. Tech or BE from any recognized University/College approved by AICTE.
22nd December 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Average fees of merchant navy course? Any exemption for BC/SC? Any scope for student who is not financially strong?

whether banks provides edu.loans for pre sea training?
7th February 2012, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

what is the option in Merchant Navy for those who cleared inter (Commerce without Math).
26th March 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiii sir,
my self prachiti parkar
my age is 18th running,can i alligible for merchant navy 2012?????????????????
i just gave HSC board exams
can i apply for merchant navy????
my cast is an open catagory so what is the fees structure for me?????????????
and tell me some colleges for merchant navy
reply soon im waiting....................
31st March 2012, 11:05 PM
poole

As you are final year student you have good percentage in your Graduation .
there is no need for 12 th Marks
you should have 60 % in your graduation.
there vacancy for technical post is affered you can apply for that , after completing exam you can get Job .
BUt as you are joining Navy service you must fit by health also.
3rd April 2012, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am entering to my class 11th with English maths my subjects,i have selected commerce.after 12th i will go for my b.tech so is there any scope for my recruitment in merchant navy,if not please tell me some coarses which can help me..
7th April 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

what is the which i should have to pay after passing my enterance exam in merchant navy??
16th June 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

if any discount to poor family
26th October 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a studnt of b.com.....passed my 12 th exam with 58 percnt marks.....is thr any scope for me in merchant navy....i m frm kolkata and physically vry fit...plz advice
27th October 2012, 01:38 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

Today Merchant navy has become the one of the highly successful and interesting course for the candidates to choose it as his career. Career in Merchant Navy provides you the opportunity to travel around the world and the lure of adventure on the high seas. It not only provide you interesting career but also provides you unbeatable salary package. Merchant Navy deals with the transportation of cargos from one country to other country. All the import and export is done through Merchant Navy.

Both male and female candidates are eligible to join Merchant Navy. In order to join Merchant Navy you should have minimum 50% marks in 12th. Those candidates who have completed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to join the Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets. Those candidates who have completed B.E or B.Tech course in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering are eligible to join the Merchant navy as an Engine Cadet, Fifth Engineer or as a Junior Engineer.

After completing 12th you have to appear in IITJJEE exam in order to get admission in top institute T.S. Chanakya. There are various courses related to Merchant Navy which you can choose:-
  • 3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.
  • 4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.
  • 2 year course for Diploma Holders.
  • 1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.
  • 3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.
  • 4 month Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose (GP) rating.
  • 3 month Pre-Sea Course for Deck rating.
  • 3 month Pre-Sea Course for Engine rating.
  • 4 month Pre-Sea Course for Saloon rating.

Fee structure:-

Training Ship Chanakya

Rs 30,000 per year.

Marine Engineering and Research Institute

Rs 1,00,000 per annum

Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai

Rs 1.5 lakh per annum.

LBS College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research

Rs 1,00,000 per annum.
22nd October 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Dear Experts,

i have done graduation in commerce with 46% from mumbai university, kindly let me know whether i can join merchant navy or any other course which can fulfill my future relating to shipping, also im having experience for more than 2 yrs in front offcie executive. kindly let me know which institute provide the traning and all...
My email id : [email protected]
8th December 2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED 12TH WITH 59% AND 10TH WITH 74% AND DIPLOMA IN AIR CONDITIONING AND READING IN BA 2ND YEAR CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AND WHICH COURSE ICAN DO BUT IAM FIANENCIALY WEAK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?