24th September 2016, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job after a long unemployment gap?

I completed MBA in first class and got good job in a MNC, but due to some reason I left job after 2 and half years and got no experience certificate. Then I started my own work. Now I want to get a job, can I get because there is unemployment gap?

25th September 2016, 01:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job after a long unemployment gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed MBA in first class and got good job in a MNC, but due to some reason I left job after 2 and half years and got no experience certificate. Then I started my own work. Now I want to get a job, can I get because there is unemployment gap?

Yes, you can get a job after long gap in employment. But you have to explain the reason for gap in the interview. You have to convince the management team to get a job. It is not very easy to get a job with a gap period. From now on you should keep focused on your future and should stay active to get a job. There is more competition for every job, so it is not easy to get a job with a long gap in employment. The job details can be seen in the job sites like Naukri and Indeed
25th September 2016, 02:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you have been working some where in an MNC as you have also mentioned above, you might stand a chance to avail job in any reputed organization now also, basically the problem lies in the gap of years you have wasted actually doing nothing, but if you can show work experience in that particular time, there will not be an issue.

You should in anyway try for job in a reputed organization and I am sure you will avail the post.
25th September 2016, 07:14 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes you can get job even after long gap of unemployment but you cannot expect the salary which you were getting before and position.
Apply for the job and also at the time of interview explain your situation that Why you have gap of long time.
25th September 2016, 08:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yea, you can still get a job even though you have some years of unemployment. It is sad that you did not get experience letter. You should have taken legal help regarding this. This is because a company is bound to give you experience letter if you work as a permanent employee for some years since your pan card will reveal the details of your employment. However, it will be difficult for you to get employment opportunity but it is not impossible. You can reveal the reason of few years of unemployment as being self employed having your self business.
30th September 2016, 11:32 PM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can get job irrespective of unemployment gap. Two options are there.
1. Clear competitive exams of national importance with high ranks.
2. Prepare for the interviews considering reason for gap.

If you perform well once into the job the past gaps won't be much considered.
25th April 2020, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

After completing BE in Mechatronics joined in Bank sector but after 4 years I have completed Python course I will try to change the domain and work as Python developer in Software Company so I can got it please me the guidelines please
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?