18th July 2017, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I open a medicine store after working in a pharma company?

Sir, I am Ashru Mochan Mohapatra from Jajpur, Odisha. I am a B.Com graduate student. Now I am working at a pharma company. But I want to open a medicine store. It is possible or not? Any pharmacy certificate required or not. Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure followed to open a medicine store having experience as Medical Representive?
  2. How to open a medical store? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. If I do MBA then what is the scope for me in Pharma company beyond MR level? I am working as Medical representative in Pharma company
  4. Which is the best course for me after securing 65% in B-Pharmacy? Which are the best placements for me?
  5. Can I open my own Medical store having 12 years experience? Can I study B.Pharma now?
  6. How to get the job in Pharma background companies?
  7. How to do part time Ph.D course in organic chemistry? List of the colleges for the same? I have completed my M.Sc in chemistry and working in Pharma company in R&D Department from past 2 years
  8. Should I study Diploma in Automobile Engineering to be a self employee and open a store being a private employee?
  9. Which job to apply after failing in 12th and working as BMD machine technician in a pharma company?
  10. How to get admission in correspondence college of D.Pharma
  11. How to work in Pharma company? I want to complete my graduation(BBA)
  12. Can I open Medicine shop aftr Diploma in Pharmacy from IGNOU?
  13. Job in Durg Area after completing B.A in West Bengal?
  14. Which MBA subject can I choose after passing BSc Chemistry? Which subject is more beneficial?
  15. Am I eligible to do Pharma after giving 12th?
  16. How can I get a government job while working in Pharma Private Company?
  17. Can I open retail pharmacy after completing B.Pharma? -- [New]
  18. What are the job opportunities for me in UP after completing BAMS course from a government college?
21st July 2017, 11:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I open a medicine store after working in a pharma company?

No, you need license to open any medical store in India. Pharmacist registration is important these days and you can't open without getting yourself registered as pharmacist.

There is alternative way also, you need to contact a registered pharmacist to sit at your shop while selling the medicines. This rules is mentioned by government and it is up to you to take the decision.
22nd July 2017, 03:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible for you to do so, as a licence is required to perform and start the business. As all pharmacies must have a drug license, which can be received from the state drug control organisation. The retail pharmacies as well as wholesale pharmacies is authorized to get the license from the state drug control organisation. The approval rate of retail licenses is slightly lower, whereas getting a wholesale pharmacy license is relatively simple. To obtain the license, you must have the following documents:
1. Application for the license in the prescribed format.
2. Covering letter from the applicant stating reasons for business.
3. Blue print and site plan of the premises.
4. Proof of ownership of the business
5. Appointment letter of registered pharmacist.
6. Proof of innocence of proprietor/partner/director (Drug and Cosmetics Act, 1940)
18th August 2021, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I am work as pharmacist in a company can I am proprietor of medicine store
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?